What's your opinion on an ideal foxing lurcher ?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There was more to a good fox dog than just killing foxes, marking buries, working with terriers, i had one that would quite often show you where to dig when a terrier was in. Above all they must ha

theres nothing great about to 70/80 pound bullxs streching a 14+ pound fox,, if they aint doing it single handed they aint fox dogs simples.....

Pre Ban Photos of wrecking crew dogs - Some people may have seen a few of these pics before but we have albums full of photos like these running pairs what some people have never seen, same dogs three

Posted Images

Any of the fox taking breeds mentioned above, but, one that can work and kill foxes on a regular basis without jacking.

It takes some dog, to take a few foxes on a nights lamping 2 or more times a week, from my experience in the passed. :thumbs:

Some, not all, jack after a while of this amount of work, especially if they don't kill quick and its a drawn out fight!!

Their is a dvd, called the wrecking crew, if you watch some of the dogs carefully, they hang about chasing the fox, not taking it quickly, as them dogs, were worked none stop, taking a lot of foxes during the week, so took their time striking after a while.

• Like 2

Any of the fox taking breeds mentioned above, but, one that can work and kill foxes on a regular basis without jacking.

It takes some dog, to take a few foxes on a nights lamping 2 or more times a week, from my experience in the passed. :thumbs:

Some, not all, jack after a while of this amount of work, especially if they don't kill quick and its a drawn out fight!!

Their is a dvd, called the wrecking crew, if you watch some of the dogs carefully, they hang about chasing the fox, not taking it quickly, as them dogs, were worked none stop, taking a lot of foxes during the week, so took their time striking after a while.

Or maybe they just wernt that good in the first place thats why they were constantly doubled up.
  • Like 1

Or maybe they just wernt that good in the first place thats why they were constantly doubled up.

Not from what i heard, but i have only seen them on dvd and talked to lads that knew of them and the dogs, so who knows. :thumbs:

All i do know is, it takes a very good dog, to take them on a regular basis, not just now and then, :victory:

Not from what i heard, but i have only seen them on dvd and talked to lads that knew of them and the dogs, so who knows. :thumbs:

All i do know is, it takes a very good dog, to take them on a regular basis, not just now and then, :victory:

Iagree it does take a very good dog to take numbers reularly(single handed)But like you said on the dvd you can see them waiting for a safe strike even though they have backup,In my eyes that is not a fox dog.
  • Like 2

Iagree it does take a very good dog to take numbers reularly(single handed)But like you said on the dvd you can see them waiting for a safe strike even though they have backup,In my eyes that is not a fox dog.

agree imo a dog that waits for the perfect strike is too clever for its own good wether single handed or doubled up, no good to me before the ban but like i said just my oppinion

• Like 1

Not when they have got to that stage, i agree. :thumbs:

If it's a "drawn out fight"; then they aren't fox dogs !!!

Cheers.

• Like 3

Cheers.

Spot on. :thumbs:

Cheers.

Spot on. :thumbs:

agreed :thumbs: