No car insurance?

Just been speaking to my mate there who got stopped by the Police last night. Routine check and he had no insurance. He has recently moved house and his mail is going to his Mums so he totally forgot about it and its lapsed by 3 weeks. Now he has MOT and Tax and he has 5 years no claims...down side he has 6 points already.

Anyone know if it could be possible he could loose his license through this. He needs his car for work as he is self employed?

Cheers......oh and if you dont know dont guess folks please. He's shitting it and i'd like to put his mind at ease if i can..... :thumbs:

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When he goes to court just tell them he's either an MP or a banker.... He'll have his legal fees paid for by the taxpayer and will be able to claim damages from the taxpayers for making him look fooli

Revenue for old HRH won't collect itself!

No insurance carries 6points, but depending on the judge he may get 5 & a big fine if the judge shows leniency, I'd say it's a 50/50 chance

No insurance carries 6points, but depending on the judge he may get 5 & a big fine if the judge shows leniency, I'd say it's a 50/50 chance

He was thinking that it was a defo 6 points mate. Hopefully as you say the Judge will be a decent one. Suppose his lawyer can make it look good for him..... :thumbs:

• Like 1

1st time i was done in 90,s,,,,,6 points 150 fine

2nd time 8 points 150 fine,,,,,now i got extra two points cause i never sent away and got the othe 6 points tooken off,,as sheriff doesnt like to see points on even if they are spent,,,old paper licence thou

there might be grounds for your mate ,,were he might give him 5 points ,,he,ll just have to keep his fingers crossed

Guest joball

WI got done for due care, and was lucky I had a good solicitor who got me five points instead of 6. So i suppose its how good the judge feels on the day and having a good solicitor to put his point accros, best. Of luck to your mate.

Edited by joball

Just been speaking to my mate there who got stopped by the Police last night. Routine check and he had no insurance. He has recently moved house and his mail is going to his Mums so he totally forgot about it and its lapsed by 3 weeks. Now he has MOT and Tax and he has 5 years no claims...down side he has 6 points already.

Anyone know if it could be possible he could loose his license through this. He needs his car for work as he is self employed?

Cheers......oh and if you dont know dont guess folks please. He's shitting it and i'd like to put his mind at ease if i can..... :thumbs:

tell him not to worry mate,if he states is case clearly and its exactly as you say,then hes feck all to worry about,12 pts doesnt mean your banned,ive had 14 at one point and still kept my license :thumbs:

He was thinking that it was a defo 6 points mate. Hopefully as you say the Judge will be a decent one. Suppose his lawyer can make it look good for him..... :thumbs:

Driving uninsured is an "absolute" offence, meaning that if there is no insurance in place and the vehicle is in use, the offence has been committed. The onus is upon the user of the vehicle to comply with the Road Traffic Act by making sure that their insurance is in order before they use a vehicle. The exact circumstances may amount to mitigation but the driver would still be convicted of the offence. 6 - 8 points and a fine.

No insurance is 6 to 8 points mandatory IIRC.. If he's already got 6 points he's going to be banned for 6 months for totting up. (TT99)

A mate of mine one managed to keep his licence with 13 points because he was the sole carer for his sick dad and a ban would have had a negative effect on him.

Driving uninsured is an "absolute" offence, meaning that if there is no insurance in place and the vehicle is in use, the offence has been committed. The onus is upon the user of the vehicle to comply with the Road Traffic Act by making sure that their insurance is in order before they use a vehicle. The exact circumstances may amount to mitigation but the driver would still be convicted of the offence. 6 - 8 points and a fine.

f**k it was all sounding quite good for him till you posted that mate.... :cray: Just got to hope that his lawyer does a good job and the judge is ok then.......... :thumbs:

No insurance is 6 to 8 points mandatory IIRC.. If he's already got 6 points he's going to be banned for 6 months for totting up. (TT99)

A mate of mine one managed to keep his licence with 13 points because he was the sole carer for his sick dad and a ban would have had a negative effect on him.

Oh f**k its getting worse..... :icon_eek: He has a little girl, starts school this year but he doesn't live with his daughters Mum. They have a sort of shared custody and he really needs his vehicle to pick her up and drop her off. Hopefully he can use that to his benefit........ :thumbs:

When he goes to court just tell them he's either an MP or a banker.... He'll have his legal fees paid for by the taxpayer and will be able to claim damages from the taxpayers for making him look foolish. Seems to be the rage nowadays ;)

Not sure about Banker mate but he's certainly feeling like a right wanker today............ :yes::D

Might be worth making sure that he actually hasnt got insurance, many companies automatically renew your insurance for you unless you fight them tooth and nail to stop them renewing. Precisely to stop people being in your friends situation. Just because the renewal date has passed doesnt mean the policy hasnt been auto renewed.

Edited by DavidTQ

Might be worth making sure that he actually hasnt got insurance, many companies automatically renew your insurance for you unless you fight them tooth and nail to stop them renewing. Precisely to stop people being in your friends situation. Just because the renewal date has passed doesnt mean the policy hasnt been auto renewed.

He has checked that mate......unfortuntely a no go.....cheers anyway.. :thumbs: