Started to look for a hob or two to bring in, as my two hobs are knocking on both breeding and working wise, messaged a few people on various sites and they object to them being used for working if you ask if the parents work, one lady even said her ferrets got on fine with the pet rabbit and guinea pig! ha got to be a joke right, but is it? some of these ferret lines have prob never seen a rabbit burrow in 10 - 12 years?

Its no wonder its getting harder to find a new working ferret worth its weight in gold!.

So if anyone in the bucks area has some hob kits this year i would be more than interested.

Many Thanks.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

mine get on well with rabbits i have 8 kits here sucking on a rabbit carcass they love rabbits..........to pieces!!

I'm not sure what you are reading . . . . but may i suggest a change of literature?   When a ferret is scared etc, it stinks like buggery.   A good worker, really works, they are BOD's (bolt or di

Yeah, we're not all gimmicky fashion breeders like Diggermad...

If you want to travel to Hampshire or wiltshire I have a few hob kits from a working line of over 20 years ...

If you had any sense you would travel and get a couple off Ken... you wont find better workers.

Started to look for a hob or two to bring in, as my two hobs are knocking on both breeding and working wise, messaged a few people on various sites and they object to them being used for working if you ask if the parents work, one lady even said her ferrets got on fine with the pet rabbit and guinea pig! ha got to be a joke right, but is it? some of these ferret lines have prob never seen a rabbit burrow in 10 - 12 years?

Its no wonder its getting harder to find a new working ferret worth its weight in gold!.

So if anyone in the bucks area has some hob kits this year i would be more than interested.

Many Thanks.

Um m m m m . . . i would hazard a guess that you are looking on the wrong kind of sites mate! There are plenty of folk on here who keep a good working line, Socks included.

Thanks for the offers, i have a few that i will take up now, i have worked ferrets 14 yrs now, never did i think i would hear "my ferrets live inside and get along well with the pet rabbit and guniea pig" God knows what next! Micro, Jumbo, Angora, EU, Middle east, Greyhound..............The list will get bigger and biger over time!

Atb

Because some of these names are made up for extra money.... i mean micro that just means small and eu could be a welsh or french ferret there both in europe and as for angora!........and they have been catagorized, Abino, Sandy, Silver, Silver Mitt and Polecat etc, but if you ask most on here it dosent matter, the working quality of a ferret is more important!

• Like 2

Ive WORKING FERRETS various colors and various sizes and the working part is the most important to me .There is too much hype about color, and size and whether its got EU polecat blood,Who gives a shit.IF MY FERRET HAS NO WILD POLECAT BLOOD IN IT,,, ISNT A GREYHOUND,,,, ISNT A MICRO,,, ISNT A SILVER MITT WITH GOLDEN TINGED BOLLOX BUT GOES INTO A BURROW AND BOLTS 5 OUT OF 5 RABBITS FROM IT THEN ITS A GOOD UN!!! nothing wrong with wanting some thing different as a talking peice but dear friends thats all it will be,,, a talking peice.If you have a so called EU polecat for instance and its doing the business and you have an ordinary polecat coloured ferret doing the business which is better...... how do you judge it?? Do you bring a stop watch and see who's faster?? :laugh: Give me a bog standard working white ferret that is easily seen in any cover or long grass and wont fook off with a locator collar round its neck unseen . :yes: