Car Auctions

Anyone brought newish Cars from auctions? seen a few go for a decent price way cheaper that private or the average forcourt price. the only thing that bothers me is the miles some have clicked up in just a few years, I would think most are fleet or hire cars but some 2 - 3 year old cars have well over 100k on them with some on around 130k or more :icon_eek:.

would you take a car on say a Ford with that sort of mileage provideing it had a good service history? :thumbs:

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mine was white too .............           Loved that car!

A ford?? have you not herd the saying about ford before? you never get bored with a ford   I'd find a car i like. it would have to be TD check it over myself , then if i'm happy get someone in who

Or another wee saying.  F-O-R-D - Fix Or Repair Daily   but we've a ford and its been alright so far

Posted Images

A ford?? have you not herd the saying about ford before?

you never get bored with a ford

I'd find a car i like. it would have to be TD check it over myself , then if i'm happy get someone in who knows their stuff..

best tip i'l give you mate..don't rush in!

oh and its easer now to turn clocks back than it was 20 year ago!

after its passed a few checks if your happy then go for it

• Like 1

Depends on its history. A strong diesel engine with 130k of motorway miles is a better bet than a pretol engine that has done half that mileage around a town.

Nice one PP :thumbs:. seems the most popular I have seen are 3 - 4 year old Turbo Diesel Mondeo's 1.8 - 2.0, can't beleive how sweet they sound even with 150k plus on the clock...

I'd find a car i like. it would have to be TD check it over myself , then if i'm happy get someone in who knows their stuff..

Or another wee saying.

F-O-R-D - Fix Or Repair Daily

but we've a ford and its been alright so far :thumbs:

• Like 1

Or another wee saying.

all mine ended up on roof..or smashed up at 3 am in morning.. was gutted when i done my 4x4 in was a 2.8 and all

always had fords ginger, I run a Nissan Nav too but car wise its always been a ford...

the only thing these days is they have gone straight over my head since the DIY plugs/points and timeing cars :laugh:. most seem pretty much none tamper these days....

always had fords ginger, I run a Nissan Nav too but car wise its always been a ford...

the only thing these days is they have gone straight over my head since the DIY plugs/points and timeing cars :laugh:. most seem pretty much none tamper these days....

every tings run from computer now mate, you can buy leads and new mapping packs for them! bad point yor need to know what your doijng adn good point you stay clean :laugh: :laugh:

if its of a sound body and engine and most of all you like it..sleep on it then buy it,, but remember once you'v bid.. and win.. no matter what its yours :thumbs:

My astra 1.7 CDTI estate came from derby auctions mate, it had done 103,000 miles when i bought it at just over 3 years old. The service history print out was under the passenger seat when i viewed it and all the history was on there including timing belt change etc. I put the history in my pocket and not many people bidded on it!!. I got it for just under 3K. It's now done 168,000 miles.

Ford focus tdci estates were going for well over 4k of a simular age and mileage at the time

• Like 1

Or another wee saying.

all mine ended up on roof..or smashed up at 3 am in morning.. was gutted when i done my 4x4 in was a 2.8 and all

Sierra???...

Anyone brought newish Cars from auctions? seen a few go for a decent price way cheaper that private or the average forcourt price. the only thing that bothers me is the miles some have clicked up in just a few years, I would think most are fleet or hire cars but some 2 - 3 year old cars have well over 100k on them with some on around 130k or more :icon_eek:.

would you take a car on say a Ford with that sort of mileage provideing it had a good service history? :thumbs:

Nothing wrong with buying a motor from an auction.....most of the big hire mobs will put a fleet in when its coming up for its first mot.....hence 2-3 years old......but they will have serviced them more regular than average and they dont tend to skimp on anything.............if its a reps car it will normally be mostly motorway miles......

If you intend keeping it for the majority of its life and you wont be doing mental miles theres a nice few quid to be saved buying via auction.

most 2or 3 year old cars at auction with high milage are ex fleet cars ,a lot have full service history and have only done motorway miles ,i would deffo buy one if the price was right .

only problem with auction is what you bid isnt what your going to pay ,

you will also have to pay an indemnity ,and mabe storage if you dont take the car within say 48 hours,

so expect to pay upto another £150/£200 on top .

also most have a cash handling fee ,so if you pay cash its extra ,

once youve bid its your car END OF , no amount of crying is going to get your cash back if it fecked .

another good tip if your buying from auction, is buy during the week (day time )when the dealers buy ,try and avoid evening or weekend sales ,all car dealers ,auctions know this is when joe public attends and they stick most of their crap in or the cars the dealers havent bought during the week,hoping someones gonna get suckered .

..............jim