dew claws

I think if they did use them on the turn they would break I had a problem with my bitch on her first ever run on the lamp with one of her dewclaws I paid 140 to have them off but it is easy to do it at a few days old.

Both of mine have theirs - never had any major accidents with them.. MoChara ripped one slightly 2 years ago, but healed up ok as it wasn't bad :thumbs:

I knew a dog that ripped his right off - and it grew back

Well i like mine off from the start... Much prefere a dog thats dew clawed if they anit there then theres never a problem,

Iv know people run dogs with them on with no problem, BUT i know a hell of alot of others that have had dogs layed up threw dew claws getting knocked up

Only 1 of my mutts damages her feet on a regular basis mainly theough jumping over fences, shes ripped off 7 toenails over the last 2yrs and nearly cut a toe off another time, only part of her foot she hasnt injured is her dew claws... If my dogs damage their dew claws I will cross that bridge when I come to it

All mine have their dew claws. Front dew claws are often articulated and do play a role in grip and turning in some dogs, depending on the position and form.

Never had and problems that weren't easily fixed with a bit of vet tape and TLC, leave well alone, I feel, unless there is a medical reason to remove them

• Like 1

Dew claws are like appendix in humans.... completely useless !! They give no help in turning, gripping or anything else ! I have two bitches, one with, one without. I haven't had a problem with the one who has them, but MAY have in future. So, I'd say it's best to have them off and avoid any future problems ! :thumbs:

Cheers.

• Like 1