COME ON TEAM GREAT BRITAIN

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Race has nothing to do with anything for me, its all down to morals, attitude and behavior. There are good and bad in all walks and religions in life. .....and yep I would kiss his his little bald he

All hail Sir Chris Hoy!

What an athlete Mo Farrah he knew he had it in the bag....seems a real nice fella as well........... I think these games have been absolutely superb in every way i think even the most harshest critic

Posted Images

What an athlete Mo Farrah he knew he had it in the bag....seems a real nice fella as well...........

I think these games have been absolutely superb in every way i think even the most harshest critic who was moaning we shouldnt have the Olympics because of money has to hold their hands up and say what a great event its united the country and " inspire a generation " was the perfect theme............if this games hasnt inspired you then you dont have a heartbeat !...........The crowds were great an atmosphere like no other,well organised,great performances..............

Proud to be a Brit and proud of my manor for staging a historic event in British and World sport.

• Like 5

What an athlete Mo Farrah he knew he had it in the bag....seems a real nice fella as well...........

I think these games have been absolutely superb in every way i think even the most harshest critic who was moaning we shouldnt have the Olympics because of money has to hold their hands up and say what a great event its united the country and " inspire a generation " was the perfect theme............if this games hasnt inspired you then you dont have a heartbeat !...........The crowds were great an atmosphere like no other,well organised,great performances..............

Proud to be a Brit and proud of my manor for staging a historic event in British and World sport.

GNASH i was unable to attend due to another commitment my buddys went they came back like kids that have been to disney land the atmosphere was unlike anything they have attended were taliking people who have been to world title fights vagas , the garden etc nothing comperd they said the olympic village and surounding area was amazing , the conduct of every on involved is outstanding , he said there top class athletes just wandering round chatting and mingerling with the crowds ill be gutted when its over been glued to every programe and the BBC HAS DONE A JOB ONCE MORE

GNASH i was unable to attend due to another commitment my buddys went they came back like kids that have been to disney land the atmosphere was unlike anything they have attended were taliking people who have been to world title fights vagas , the garden etc nothing comperd they said the olympic village and surounding area was amazing , the conduct of every on involved is outstanding , he said there top class athletes just wandering round chatting and mingerling with the crowds ill be gutted when its over been glued to every programe and the BBC HAS DONE A JOB ONCE MORE

so your not the blue nose????...... :D

ive been involved in amature sport for years the commitment of the people involved

is inspiring, since the funding from the lottery ive been banging on about came

in sport uk done it on a shoe string please dont think they have money to burn

they dont and the lottery are not spend thrifts but they funding has been put

to good use the boxing team based in sheffield was a master stroke , the

part played by rob mc cracken can never be under estimated , the athletics

used to be the golden boys and girls the investment in the cycling has superseeded

all expectations the secret sqirrels being a big part , through out the whole TEAM GB

WE HAVE SUCCEDED BRONZE SILVER AND GOLD PROUND AINT THE WORD

ive been involved in amature sport for years the commitment of the people involved

is inspiring, since the funding from the lottery ive been banging on about came

in sport uk done it on a shoe string please dont think they have money to burn

they dont and the lottery are not spend thrifts but they funding has been put

to good use the boxing team based in sheffield was a master stroke , the

part played by rob mc cracken can never be under estimated , the athletics

used to be the golden boys and girls the investment in the cycling has superseeded

all expectations the secret sqirrels being a big part , through out the whole TEAM GB

WE HAVE SUCCEDED BRONZE SILVER AND GOLD PROUND AINT THE WORD

do you think nurses and soldiers deserve a thread for all the hard work they do??

I can well believe it......im a bit gutted i didnt make more of an effort to go to anything myself if im honest..........i watched the village go up over the last few years and to see it full of people was a great sight............

Without sounding biased theres not a better place in Britain the boxing could of been staged id say the area round the Excel has been the biggest hotbed for the sport anywhere in the country....within a stones throw of the Excel theres several top class pro gyms and a whole bunch of amateur and boys clubs................on a daily basis in and around Canning Town you,ll see fighters running the streets and fight people in general from kids to oap,s talking boxing like its religion.............very few subjects can get a bunch of rowdy teenagers respectfully chatting away in a pub to a few oap,s ............. thats what i love about this area.

Ive said before im not a big fan of amateur boxing.........but Mccracken,the rest of them trainers,the boys themselves well they certainly came to the front in this tournament and done the nation proud.

Edited by gnasher16

GNASH we have allways had a good rapour with the repton, paddinton, and the allstars , like your part of the world liverpool is a hot bed for both codes , there will be a big interest in all sports post the games . we have two more great chances of gold in boxing ,

Ive said for years they are similar areas mate......maybe its the docks i dont know............probably like parts of Liverpool ( and im not taking the piss either :D) .....but Canning Town has a population of around 10,000 people,its still today in the 5% most deprived areas in Britain,the place is a f****n toilet...................but theres still a lot of pride round here,pride in your manor and pride in the way you carry yourself................i told you before.... at Jimmy Murphys funeral there was around 1500 people from all corners of the country because he was so respected in the game he was from West Ham abc but plenty of Repton turned out despite the rivalry.....there was at least 50 or 60 scousers down here from the amateur clubs up there all very respectful and good stand up fellas.

Its different with Olympic sport....but the sports i like be it boxing or football the majority of talent comes from the poor areas............although i think this games will have reached out to every class of person and i think we can expect a lot more good young athletes to be coming through in the near future

Edited by gnasher16