Really not sure what to think about this . . .

Right - to answer a couple of questions.

Firstly, i have no reason to doubt the guy, apart from the obvious (that he says he saw a big cat), he is sane, rational, and very sceptical, farmer, of proper farming stock.

Also, it wasn't a fleating glimpse he claims to have seen, but a proper minuite or two, 50 meter away, daylight, proper eyeful, he says he watched this thing and it was 100% a mountain lion type thing, brown, about knee height or so to the shoulder etc.

I've always been very very sceptical of these kind of reports, as its usually always a fleeting glimpse, and ive always said one would have been shot, or pushed out by hounds etc by now, but i really am at a loss to explain what he saw, as it was (to him) a pretty concrete sighting, and therefore why he would totally fabricate the whole thing if he didnt see it?

Also, you know when you see someone, and they have had a real shock, and you can just tell they are fecking jumping out their skin. . . . .well he was like that . . . .

I'm proper stumped.

I went down earlier, and seen the pen in question, and it does look like something has slit the mesh wide open.

Now as for why it's suddenly appeared now, why its out and about in the day, and why only chickens - according to the so called experts, they reckon it was dumped pretty recently, and that it has been fed on a diet of birds, chickens etc, and as there is a very plentiful and easy supply of them, it's going for what easy, and what it knows . . . . .

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jonny boy its getting to eat chickens & geese so there's no need to go and feed it your bull x too...

Whats the chances of you sitting out on the guys farm with this on?..........................mind yer camera...

99% sure what your ole farmer mucker is describing, is a chupacabra, easy way to know for sure is as follows: 1)its tail is exactly the say thickness as king kongs thumb. 2)it runs like it has been

Posted Images

If the 'big cat' is repeatedly making attacks on the same farm, surely the farmer could sit out at night with a camera. If the big cat did indeed rip through mesh there would probably be fur/scrapings left behind. Or even footprints left behind, if this happened recently they should still be there...if it was a big cat.

Right - to answer a couple of questions.

Firstly, i have no reason to doubt the guy, apart from the obvious (that he says he saw a big cat), he is sane, rational, and very sceptical, farmer, of proper farming stock.

Also, it wasn't a fleating glimpse he claims to have seen, but a proper minuite or two, 50 meter away, daylight, proper eyeful, he says he watched this thing and it was 100% a mountain lion type thing, brown, about knee height or so to the shoulder etc.

I've always been very very sceptical of these kind of reports, as its usually always a fleeting glimpse, and ive always said one would have been shot, or pushed out by hounds etc by now, but i really am at a loss to explain what he saw, as it was (to him) a pretty concrete sighting, and therefore why he would totally fabricate the whole thing if he didnt see it?

Also, you know when you see someone, and they have had a real shock, and you can just tell they are fecking jumping out their skin. . . . .well he was like that . . . .

I'm proper stumped.

I went down earlier, and seen the pen in question, and it does look like something has slit the mesh wide open.

Now as for why it's suddenly appeared now, why its out and about in the day, and why only chickens - according to the so called experts, they reckon it was dumped pretty recently, and that it has been fed on a diet of birds, chickens etc, and as there is a very plentiful and easy supply of them, it's going for what easy, and what it knows . . . . .

If that part is true you should see it turn up soon!!........... :yes:

if there was big cats about im sure they would be a lot more reported siteings , i mean the chances of somone coming accross a big cat while out lamping or mooching at night would be pretty high i would have thought ????? :hmm:

I agree Mick, especially with the amount off people beating cover with hounds, yet I've never heard off anyone putting a big cat out off cover or hounds marking a scent and lads going into the cover and a cougar up a tree lol.

maybe a lynx???

they'll soon find it then, just follow the scantily clad ladies

:laugh: :laugh: not bad albert!!!

anybody doubting big cats are still kept as pets today then watch the programme on channel 5 right now... :victory:

Aye, there ARE footprints and scat about the place. I'm no expert but i have not seen the like of them before . . . .

And it's in a place that isn't really run with dogs, or beaten out or infact entered much at all, other than by me . . . . .

Aye lab - i'm assuming that if it IS true, sooner or later, it will get lamped or spotted again, or even hit by the hounds when hunting starts up again (if it moves out of this particular woodland).

I really want to not believe it but . . . . .

Aye, there ARE footprints and scat about the place. I'm no expert but i have not seen the like of them before . . . .

And it's in a place that isn't really run with dogs, or beaten out or infact entered much at all, other than by me . . . . .

Aye lab - i'm assuming that if it IS true, sooner or later, it will get lamped or spotted again, or even hit by the hounds when hunting starts up again (if it moves out of this particular woodland).

Whats the chances of you sitting out on the guys farm with this on?..........................mind yer camera... :laugh:

post-47935-0-42751700-1343243741.jpg

• Like 3

Whats the chances of you sitting out on the guys farm with this on?..........................mind yer camera... :laugh:

FFS,,,,, :laugh: :laugh:

As already said get some ''CCTV'' & if that don't work you could ''Put Earth in a LIVE TRAP'' and see what happen's ?

new member, name in capital letters, talks about trapping EARTH,,,,,,,welcome back.... :D :D

As already said get some ''CCTV'' & if that don't work you could ''Put Earth in a LIVE TRAP'' and see what happen's ?

new member, name in capital letters, talks about trapping EARTH,,,,,,,welcome back.... :D :D

hes been unbanned for ages :angel:
Guest born to run1083

Now, i know i'm going to get a lot of flak for this, but i just had to put it up, to see the responses.

Firstly i will say, i am still undecided. . . . but anyway . . . . . here goes.

I live out in the sticks, just a lot of forest, woodland, and rolling hills and fields, not a whole lot of folk around. There are mostly farms surrounding. There is a small farm down the road, that has some sheep, a lot of different poultry, few cows, horses etc.

They had a lot of losses of birds, which we put down to a fox. There have also been loses right up and down the valley, probably running into a couple of hundred birds all told, from bantams, up to full grown geese, some of it, definatly the work of a fox.

Anyway, this one small farm has been hit badly, but then they locked all of the birds away, and next thing, they are still losing birds, only the runs are getting ripped into, mess split open, wood smashed in etc, lots of birds killed, and dissapeared.

The bloke seen some funny tracks and some funny looking shit, and decided to get an expert in, i think from some university or the government or something. Any way, the guys opinion was that it was a big cat, to be precise, a kind of cougar, mountain lion type.

So the first i heard of it, was when the farmer turned up on my doorstep, warning me to be careful in the woods, as they thought there was a cat about, he also went round the cuple of other farms in the area, warning them.

Obviously i was a little amused and surprised, as i didnt believe it, but the guy was convinced, and he doesnt really drink, or take drugs and is a pretty laid back farmer, rather than some city reject moved out here.

Anyway, they had a load of big traps put around etc, and despite seeing trackls around them and more shit, trapped nothing.

Didn't really think about it until last night, when the farmer was hammering on my door, really shaken up, proper freaked out.

He said, he had been out doing the animals, and had heard a lot of commotion coming from one of the chicken pens, he walked to the gateway to have a look what was going on, and there was a big, brown cat, stood, with front paws up on the mesh, looking in at the birds, he then watched it rip open the mesh with its claws, and all of the birds obviously spilt out. He said at this point he shouted at it, and it turned and just looked at him, then after a bit of a pause, swattd a chicken, grabbed it in it's mouth and walked across the field, and jumped the fence into the woods, he said he was probably about 50 meters from it, maybe more, and it had no fear of him etc.

Now, he was REALLY shaken up, and seemed very very genuine, and isnt someone who has ever had a tall tale, or wierd thing to say, just a normal, run of the mill farmer, who has been a farmer all his life, and is probably in his 50's, so too young to be losing it.

Now, i'm pretty much refusing to believe it, but can't think why he would make up a total lie (cant be a mistaken identity), then come and disturb his neighbours and lie to their faces, for no gain whatsoever, when he is a normal, sensible bloke, who knows the countryside.

It really has got me stumped!

These stories for many a year always crop up I think it's one of the biggest urban legends of the country side. It's these farmers leading secluded lives I think it sends them abit strange in the head. I've heard this stories on most farms ive been contracted to. There's either some seriously deranged people out there or we have an epidemic all round the country