Pricked eared whippets.

Can still catch rabbits :thumbs:

Even though i did not want him too. Been out doing mole work and took Boo for the day.

First one lifted as i was looking at the hills, not long after we got into the field. Unfortunately the camera was on manual focus :rolleyes:

Boo224712.jpg

I got it back onto auto just in time for Boos strike/tumble.

Boo2247121.jpg

Back up and at him.

Boo2247122.jpg

Now back to Mam with the prize.

Boo2247124.jpg

Them bloody ears :laugh:

Boo2247125.jpg

A quick readjustment of hold.

Boo2247126.jpg

And continue to Mam.

Boo2247127.jpg

Boo2247128.jpg

Unfortunately this rabbit was not blessed with the same ears as Boo :D

Boo2247129.jpg

The next one was a couple of hours into setting traps, must have been laid low for ages, did not even see Boo catch it.

Boo22471210.jpg

Loads of mole hills, loads of traps set, plus 2 rabbits (both bucks), I'd call that a good day out...even though my whippet is not 'perfect' :D

Boo22471211.jpg

Edited by Moll.
  • Like 13

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can still catch rabbits   Even though i did not want him too. Been out doing mole work and took Boo for the day. First one lifted as i was looking at the hills, not long after we got into the fiel

One thing he isn't as good as the lurcher for......           Carrying the mole traps and pegs.   But i don't think his ears are at fault for that

If you think about it logically though. Most successfull wild animals all have pricked ears...hyena, lion, wolf, mustelids etc etc etc. Could it be that folded ears are actually the fault, bred into

Posted Images

that first picture looks like one of mine :laugh:

I thought of you when i noticed....from now on people all over England will say to themselves....I did a Paulus everytime they have a blurred photo :yes::laugh:

• Like 1

that first picture looks like one of mine :laugh:

I thought of you when i noticed....from now on people all over England will say to themselves....I did a Paulus everytime they have a blurred photo :yes::laugh:

I do that if I take a blurry pic I actually say ah sh*t I did a paulus :)

I read something on some thread a while ago that prick ears are a sign of bad breeding, it narked me a bit :D

Little Boo didly catches bunnie's and plenty of them so surely that is a bit of good breeding and not bad.. :thumbs:

"Ears don't catch rabbits !" :thumbs:

Cheers.

I read something on some thread a while ago that prick ears are a sign of bad breeding, it narked me a bit :D

I wouldn't say it was a sign of bad breeding, Race bred whippets often have stick up ears as do a few from working lines. I must admit though i'm not keen on seeing ped whippets with stick up ears.

Below is four generations of my whippets, Grandmother, daughters and son.

post-2056-0-88821100-1343222088.jpg

post-2056-0-93695500-1343222416.jpg

post-2056-0-74680700-1343222031_thumb.jpg

post-2056-0-71574500-1343221893_thumb.jpg