Well the time has come and the pup has come into season 2 day's before she is 8mth old..what i want to know or be advised on..is the jab that bring's them out of season reliable and can it effect fertility further down the year's if i ever felt the need for a pup..i have had bitch's over the year's but they have been in kennel's so i have had no risk of accident's..but this pup is kept in the house and for most of the day i have 3 dog's in here also..by the 2wk mark my head will be done in.. :D ..so any positive advice on the jab is much appriciated.. :thumbs:

DERMA.... jab works a treat,but if you want pups farther down the road,can upset their cycle and fertility.

Had a wee bitch on it all her days,no prob..just wish looking back.

I had put her brother over her. Didn't know squat about breeding,,still don't know much...

Would have put up with the hassle ,but thought it was easier option.

Well the time has come and the pup has come into season 2 day's before she is 8mth old..what i want to know or be advised on..is the jab that bring's them out of season reliable and can it effect fertility further down the year's if i ever felt the need for a pup..i have had bitch's over the year's but they have been in kennel's so i have had no risk of accident's..but this pup is kept in the house and for most of the day i have 3 dog's in here also..by the 2wk mark my head will be done in.. :D ..so any positive advice on the jab is much appriciated.. :thumbs:

Try rubbing some olive oil on its arse...... :D

• Like 1

I got my bitch jabbed when she came in as my bull was trying to eat his way through the metal bars of his kennel to get to her and howling like a bloody wolf!! thinking now I wish I hadn't as iv heard it can have possible effects later in life regarding breeding etc fingers crossed she's ok.

Try rubbing some olive oil on its arse...... :D

I'll rub it on my pipe and we will see where we go from there... :D

Hi I've got an 3/8 bull 5/8 grey bitch , just come out of season but for some reason she has stopped eating and lost loads of weight, and just looks like she has no energy, green puss coming out of her behind , just wondering if Any 1 has had this happen to there bitch ? She been to vets and they say she looks great but i no my bitch and she ant ok

Hi I've got an 3/8 bull 5/8 grey bitch , just come out of season but for some reason she has stopped eating and lost loads of weight, and just looks like she has no energy, green puss coming out of her behind , just wondering if Any 1 has had this happen to there bitch ? She been to vets and they say she looks great but i no my bitch and she ant ok

if it stinks its possibly a womb infection and needs to go to another vets asap. dont let them talk you into a hysterectomy without trying the antibiotic route first :thumbs:

See another vet: any vet which ignores symptoms like the ones you've described needs shooting: that is providing you have given us the correct details in the first place, and of course, without examining the bitch in the flesh it is impossible to say exactly what is wrong, but those symptoms are normally associated with a pyometra which is an infection of the uterus, and which can kill a bitch if left untreated.

• Like 1

Don't get her jabbed: wouldn't work anyway once she is in season. A first season is necessary for a bitch to become a complete adult dog, (and to those of you who have bitches spayed before their first season: don't scream at me, as this is just my personal opinion: and that of a few million other people as well :laugh: )

The hormone changes which accompany a first season help the bitch to mature both mentally as well as physically.

As for the situation: get a strong indoor crate, and put her in a room where the dogs can't get at her: and spray citronella in the air: won't fool them but they won't be able to smell much at all with that stink around :tongue2::laugh: If you can, take her out to walk and pee well away from where the dogs go, and batten down the hatches: it only lasts a couple of weeks and you won't have anything to worry about until the next time :laugh:

• Like 4

Cheer's for the jab info Sky.. :thumbs: ..i've heard about it but i am not keen on messing about with the dog's hormones that's why i thought i would ask on here..i was going to ask a vet but i'm pretty sure they would say it will work just too get some money out of me.. :D .

She is not the first bitch i have had as i mentioned so i'm pretty sure of what i'm in for..she will be sleeping in one of the two crate's i have from now on because as you know there first season can be pretty messy..