Lurcher or whippet?

Im looking into buying a new dog for a spot of hunting. Will most probably be rabbits with a couple of ferrets in the winter. Was just wondering if anyone would recommend one or the other and their reasons why. I am tempted by a whippet more but thats just personal taste but if one is better at hunting id rather that of course.

Cheers

Yeah it wont be a case of night after night I shouldn't think. the ground is fairly flat got the odd rolling hill but nothing steep that ill be hunting.

well nice grew ( whippet x grey ) would fit the bill, not to big 22-25in good on rabbits day+night, and bit more roubust than both breeds, and not bad brain as whippets are quite clever anway . if wanted a smaller type dog , this would be what i got . :thumbs:

• Like 1

Yeah it wont be a case of night after night I shouldn't think. the ground is fairly flat got the odd rolling hill but nothing steep that ill be hunting.

well nice grew ( whippet x grey ) would fit the bill, not to big 22-25in good on rabbits day+night, and bit more roubust than both breeds, and not bad brain as whippets are quite clever anway . if wanted a smaller type dog , this would be what i got . :thumbs:

+ 1 :thumbs:

yep same as bird or a good beddy whippet gh sumat along those lines ya carnt go wrong best of both worlds then

amazed you didnt say get a dh\gh :laugh::tongue2:

I agree with what's been said.

But just out of interestr, how come when anyone ever mention rabbits, in any context, most folk always suggest a beddy x whippet?

Now, ive seen a couple of half decent ones and a real good one, but if they were that head and shoulders above the rest, they would be all over the shop, and its interesting that most folk who suggest them, dont have them themselves.

Also, where do all the working beddys get hidden that these are bred from???

• Like 3

Ideation..if i was ever to go down the route of owning or needing a small running dog it would be a pure whippet..not a beddie or any other type of cross breed..imo when you start crossing the whippet with beddies or what ever else for the coat you start loosing the speed..and i'm sure they is no beddie whippet out there that will be faster than a pure whippet..

• Like 1