Shanes castle on saturday was a great day weather show the people till the racing started I thot I was at shelbourn park on a sat night with all the greyhounds an then when the novice race came around an there was more of them an I thot it was for dogs u never won a race but who's to say if the dog won a race or not when there from the south an the under 23inch race winner could of done gettin a trip to speck savers as it was more on the under 25inch side if I thot it was going to be full of greyhounds I would a went to drumbo park but it hasn't got anything to do with the people organising these shows its the people entering the dogs who like to cheat for what a trophie an few pound the worst thing that happened to lurcher racing was money being brought in to it

• Like 2

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Chartpolski ,this bitch must be one of them rare all rounders LOL          

I said on another topic that Lurchers were in danger of splitting into three distinct types; "working", "showing" and "racing". This is allready happening. There are pups advertised as from "Show Winn

why not just get rid of the racing altogether and the bickering and lies will stop.

No but this has been the worst 1 this year part from that I really enjoyed both days at the fair I thot I'd start the topic before someone else if u gave someone a 5er an tin of dog food there wouldn't some many cheating people with there back yard didn't make the grade greyhounds

I think they should do that aswell I wanted to place a few bets myself on the day but both were stuffed as the lurchers I bet on were chined by 2 greyhounds pearse ohagan is runnin a show in camlouch an he had betting at it but there is greyhound racing at it aswell like the coursing

the only people can stop cheating is the lurcher folk taking part they would need to speak up at the time.,,,,or have all the entrys go past an official with a knowledge of lurcher

We had an objection system in place and a race for pure greyhounds.There were no objections on the day. Apart from that it is up to the honesty of the owner.

• Like 2

Yea I was talkin to matt about it on the sunday an he said he noticed it aswell but as albert said its down to the honesty of the owners if there was no cash involved it would of been a different race an I have nothing to hide what I say on here or in person the 1s who raced on saturday have been doing it as long time an will continue if its not stoped

Yea I was talkin to matt about it on the sunday an he said he noticed it aswell but as albert said its down to the honesty of the owners if there was no cash involved it would of been a different race an I have nothing to hide what I say on here or in person the 1s who raced on saturday have been doing it as long time an will continue if its not stoped

Flash,

We were criricised on this forum about the prizes for the lurchers and terriers being much poorer than the other sports and so I reacted by bringing them up to a similar level and giving terriers, lurchers and whippets equal status and a similar profile to other sports at our fairs. Believe you me we could have saved several thousands of pounds by not doing this. Unlike other events we put a lot of money back into prizes ourselves as well as seeking good sponsorship.

In my opinion it is not the prize value - do we get cheating in clays, gundogs etc - NO! Because for these sports we operate a formal objection system. I

t is the fact that for some reason terrier & lurcher people seem to prefer to complain after the event NOT at the event. I made it clear before Shanes that we now have an objecton system in place rather like the KC shows- pay a £20 deposit and make your complaint. If it is upheld you get your £20 back and justice is not only done but seen to be done. If the decision goes the other way and it is not upheld then the £20 is donated to a charity of either the objectors or my choice.

This is the system that was in place at Shanes and will be in place at Birr and our 2013 events.

No one made a formal complaint of cheating at Shanes Castle or lodged a deposit so therefore we can assume that there was no cheating only allegations of it. However as the system was new if you genuinely think there was cheating I am happy to take the detail of your objection in writing and hold your £20 deposit until I personally can investigate it.

Albertj

Edited by AlbertJ

Ill give u 20pound an I'm sure there will be a lot more but in my opinion what is going to be doing an how will u be able to prove it

Flash,

Over the years we have had some allegations regarding cheating in the clay pigeon shooting with regards to classification - in fact quite similar to the matter you raised. I simply took a deposit to ensure the person making the complaint had a genuine grievance and investigated it. Of those I remember two were found that the person making the complaint did not have a genuine grievance; two were cases where nothing could be proved - good arguments for why the person thought he shot in the correct class and one where he held his hands up. I have seen a similar system worked successfully with KC shows.

Two deposits were forfeit , two returned case not proven and one returned plus the person disqualified. There wasn't any fuss or arguments and the matters were dealt with quickly.

I don't mind people making a legitimate complaints if they feel strongly about something but I have to say I don't like people making allegations that they aren't prepared to stand over because it takes away from the wins of genuine people who should be thrilled by their dogs winning prizes at what was one of the best terrier & lurcher events ever staged in Ireland.

However you have stated you will lodge the £20 but what I also need is full details of your complaint against which dogs and which owners in what races - please email this to me at irishgamefair@btinternet.com. I will undertake to investigate it and come back to you.

Albertj

albert , firstly may i say i thoroughly enjoyed my time judging, although someone thought i was shite lol , secondly as you are now aware we felt there was a wrong decicion made in the under 21 inch, several people on the line saying that leighs black bitch def won , not the blue bitch, however as i approched the line judge(only 1 mind you) shouting , which i appologise for doing so, saying how could he possibly have given the result to the blue bitch, whilst several others on the line had stated the black bitch had won----aggrieved , well i'm not , but leigh most certainly is, but theres only 1 way to sort it, we'll be back next year to try overturn that verdict by beating the blue bitch

furthermore, on the ferry home we were deliberating on the weekend , and all thought , just by having a video camera on the line as well as the judges, there would'nt be any disputes over a result, if the camera was used in a very very close call----yours in sport den

as always albert you ran a great fair well done you and your team see you in 2013