my mates dog is chasing sheep

i dont hit my pup as a rule but when she chased sheep i beat her until she was screaming. iv had to do this twice and she now gets it. i noticed it was always when there were other people or dogs around, like she was showing off. the punishment needs to fit the crime!

you beat her till she is screaming ffs yet you are putting her in a postion were she can run them in the first place when shes not stock broke and the punishment needs to fit the crime what was your punishment for not getting her on a lead or stock breaking her correctly

• Like 3

here we go again, someone not knowledgeable or patient enough to own a running dog letting it ruun amok in the countryside and giving us all a bad name. why wasnt the dog sorted out with stock before it was ever le tloose round them? and why was it allowed to carry on after the first cock up? the boy needs to give the dog away and not get another one. and jonansuki, i would stop exercising your dog with his, even the steadiest dog can get drawn into this stupid behaviour, the excitement of watching another dog showing hunting behaviour can just be too much sometimes

and by the way,if you're going to try the long lead/big stick tie a bicycle inner tube to the stick then tie the rope to that, it will provide some "give" to prevent the dog hurting itself. not a method i have needed with my dogs as i break mine to stock when they are tiny puppies, as any sane person would do

• Like 3

Pup should have been livestock trained well before 6 months, had mine in amongst livestock as soon as they had their jabs, as soon as they showed the slightest interest, a sharp tug on the lead with the word NO, job done, simples, no shouting, no thrashings, shock collars, bollocks

• Like 5

Paulus that would brake a dogs neck or do some serious damage. It would be running flat out.

c*nt wouldnt chase sheep again :laugh:

well id rather the dogs neck broke,,,, before sheep killed and you end up loosing your permission and a bill for a sheep over a dog

Paulus that would brake a dogs neck or do some serious damage. It would be running flat out.

c*nt wouldnt chase sheep again :laugh:

well id rather the dogs neck broke,,,, before sheep killed and you end up loosing your permission and a bill for a sheep over a dog

Eh, what a load of utter human bilge, ffs, talk about animal cruelty,

• Like 1