connollys red mills xcel 32 and redmills racer plus

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

32% is very high protein for this time of year, if the dogs are not working proper hard for 3 or 4 days a week

Some of the working dog complete, is way to high in protein, 37% some of it, no need for it , even during the working months, 21% tops is what i go for

Red mills used to be good stuff matey, not any more, had skin problems with mine using Red mills

32% is very high protein for this time of year, if the dogs are not working proper hard for 3 or 4 days a week

i no it is im giving them red mills racer /tripe /beef now but thinking of mixing the xcel 32 when the season starts .

i dont feed any complete anymore just raw/pasta/veg and bones. most of the greyhound lads i see at the van down the track, tend to buy gain28 or australian. i have used arkwrights in the past as a mixer and found it very good, i also add sf50 twice a week.

fed redmills for years but recently changed to a lower protein my vets advice as weve had a bitch with kidney trouble due to protein poison

Some of the working dog complete, is way to high in protein, 37% some of it, no need for it , even during the working months, 21% tops is what i go for

• Like 2

Any you lads use gain how do you rate it

top stuff mate seriously and makes the coat look brilliant i get 2 bags deliverd for 30 quid

Where do you get it for that? It's £15 a bag and then delivery on top. Think I'm paying £35 for two bags delivered.

I've got my 3 on gain 28. Ive had them on various including red mills. Gain IMO is by far the better. I dont like the way other dry foods swell up, I feel it's like feeding bread just to make them feel fuller. I'd rather give them more food.

In all honesty, I do believe gain Is good stuff.

They also get chicken mince and whatever else mixed 50:50

fed redmills for years but recently changed to a lower protein my vets advice as weve had a bitch with kidney trouble due to protein poison

wots name of 37 protien thankyou aaron

Any you lads use gain how do you rate it

top stuff mate seriously and makes the coat look brilliant i get 2 bags deliverd for 30 quid

Where do you get it for that? It's £15 a bag and then delivery on top. Think I'm paying £35 for two bags delivered.

I've got my 3 on gain 28. Ive had them on various including red mills. Gain IMO is by far the better. I dont like the way other dry foods swell up, I feel it's like feeding bread just to make them feel fuller. I'd rather give them more food.

In all honesty, I do believe gain Is good stuff.

They also get chicken mince and whatever else mixed 50:50

i dont add water to the meal feed it dry with tripe ect

Never mentioned adding water but look at some Shiite foods, a little bit of juice off meat and it balloons to 4 times the size. No thanks.

Add water to gain and you will see it doesn't budge.

Gain 28 all the way for me.

£12.50 a bag. :thumbs:

I'm paying £32 or there abouts for 2 bags delivered from Lawsons.

Lawsons also sell gain 20, record breaker and sapling.

Edited by Blue Pocket Rocket

wots name of 37 protien thankyou aaron

Origen complete, some of it 38% protein

Has anyone tryed chudleys greyhound food 27% protein? bought it today see how it goes.

I feed Chudleys Greyhound from July - March along with a little raw lamb, tripe or beef. I wouldn't feed anything else, i've tried the rest and always gone back to the chudleys. Dogs to well on it and look well on it. Yes it's more expensive than some of the other racers but whats a couple of quid when the dogs look and run well on it.

I feed skinners field and trial duck and rice 24% from March-July as the dogs arn't doing much work wise. There's no point feeding the 27-28% protein if your not running the dogs.

In the early 90's i used to feed redmills racer, it was the best food on the market then. However as soon as they changed from the paper to plastic bag the quality went, i personally wouldn;t feed it to rats now it's shite.