Slovakian Rough Haired Pointer dog pups

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The bitch to these pups is 5 or 6 and tis is her second litter, does that sound like money making to you?   The man has bred a litter of VERY well bred and still relatively rare dogs and is still q

6 boys available. Currently 5 weeks old, ready to go when 8 weeks. Bitch is used as a falconry dog. Has a fantastic temperment. Stud dog has latest approved blood lines. Will be KC registered, leg

Here another of mo    

Posted Images

In my opining at £700 a pup, the parents of these pups would have been bred regardless of their working ability

Remind me in future not to buy a dog for more than 50 quid off this man please!!

P.s. it's never a good idea to assume others live by your moral standards

I can't understand why anyone is complaining about the price ? If you want one.. you pay the money; if you don't want one... why worry about it ? There are lapdogs going for more than twice this amount, and stupid "designer" dogs going for more than this !! I, personaly wouldn't pay anything like that for a pup, of ANY breeding, but if someone else wants to, that's THEIR business ! :thumbs:

Cheers.

£700 is no more than a decent springer spaniel or even lab would cost as a pup from good breeding, infact its cheaper :thumbs:

You could pick a well bred springer or lab up for half that price mate.

£700 is no more than a decent springer spaniel or even lab would cost as a pup from good breeding, infact its cheaper :thumbs:

not if you wanted a specific line from a certain breeder, and thats the thing with these pups there is only so many of these in the country. is simple really if you want one you will pay it because you wont get one anywhere else, if you dont want one its beyond me why anyone would bother to comment
  • Like 1

not if you wanted a specific line from a certain breeder, and thats the thing with these pups there is only so many of these in the country. is simple really if you want one you will pay it because you wont get one anywhere else, if you dont want one its beyond me why anyone would bother to comment

You never said specifics, you just said a well bred dog, I only pointed out you could buy a quality lab or springer for half the price.

I never passed comment on the mans price, I agree it's up to the buyer to decide if the price is suitable. No others business.

• Like 1

thanks for the info guys , i genuinly learned something about the breed , when me and mrs get back on our feet and can have the bop about the place again i will look into the breed , but we already have a very complicated breed with very small gene pool and know just how hard it is to find stud with low genetic coeficients . i hope they take off and more are imported in the future , price i have no coment price is the price , vislas and brittanys are similar priced and falconry dogs are pretty specific in my mind .

good luck with them , i bet they have a hardnes in them that the stalking / wild boar bashers could use to !!

very intresting !

all the best , matt.

cheers Matt. I have heard that they certinally make good dogs for stalkers. As falconry dogs or for a shooter they are very good. I really want the breed to take off in the working circles. They are totally unspoilt by the show world. In their native country if it aint good in the field it woun't make the cut. I cant keep giving the pups away no matter how much I want to promote the breed. If someone out there can offer one a really good working home then contact me with their best offer and what they will do with the dog. The worse I can say is no.

regards,

ian

thanks for the info guys , i genuinly learned something about the breed , when me and mrs get back on our feet and can have the bop about the place again i will look into the breed , but we already have a very complicated breed with very small gene pool and know just how hard it is to find stud with low genetic coeficients . i hope they take off and more are imported in the future , price i have no coment price is the price , vislas and brittanys are similar priced and falconry dogs are pretty specific in my mind .

good luck with them , i bet they have a hardnes in them that the stalking / wild boar bashers could use to !!

very intresting !

all the best , matt.

• Like 1

cheers Matt. I have heard that they certinally make good dogs for stalkers. As falconry dogs or for a shooter they are very good. I really want the breed to take off in the working circles. They are totally unspoilt by the show world. In their native country if it aint good in the field it woun't make the cut. I cant keep giving the pups away no matter how much I want to promote the breed. If someone out there can offer one a really good working home then contact me with their best offer and what they will do with the dog. The worse I can say is no.

regards,

ian

very intresting !

all the best , matt.

2 mojo`s and a blackjack it is then :laugh:
  • Like 1

Last time I saw you putting an offer up it was only two mojo's so either you have raided behind the back of the sofa or you are really impressed with the pups, lol.

ive got mellower and more generous with age :laugh:

Hello all.

Had plenty of offers of pet homes for these boys but would really like a few more to go to working homes.

If someone has a good working home and wants to make me a sensible offer please pm me.

regards, ian

I went to see this litter yesterday evening gents and must say they are crackers!!!!!!!

dog pups with hair from very short ...... To hairy monster.

Very confident and alert.

Top notch pups from a VERY well dam and sire.