T.H.L Air gun section meet,5,6,7,October 2012

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

hi lads/lasses,glad you all got home safe.hope every had a good time' was great to catch up with the old gang,and great to meet new faces. a big thankyou to everyone that made the soggy meet,you are

The members of this section that attended were supporting Treat4BritishTroops.   They managed to raise a staggering £1100 along with the proceeds from The Rise of the Verminators charity DVD, so wel

Just a sign of how genuine everyone at the meet was/is, as everyones prized possesions were often left lying around unattended .... like darryl's panther left out in the dark...and his R10! haha   A

Posted Images

Sounds good, there will be plenty of chance to tweak your settings on the zero/plinking area

The method I tend to use is, turn up with several brands of pellets, play around until I find one I like, totally mess up my zero and have to refil my air every 2 hours :-) then decide the pellets I've been using all along are still the best and re zero again! And forget all my aim points in the process haha

But it's so much fun!

And after all its all about having a good time at these meets

ATB

Adam

• Like 2

compared to the likes of si and davy, darryl, daz7, elliot etc and all the rest of the great marksmen on here ... im pants compared to them. so its a good job its just a bit of fun :)

just hope i dont embarrass myself totaly and get a big fat 0 haha.. if i get 20 il be happy 30 would be great and anything over 40 and il be well chuffed. just hope its not too windy, ive never really shot when its windy so im no good with windage estimation. when its windy i wont shoot at animals i wait for the wind to stop, or i dont shoot at all.. better safe than sorry eh.

might try figure something out if its windy today... or tomoro and sat at the meet if its windy then

Don't worry about them, they will be far too drunk to be a threat haha! A hangover is a great equaliser ....unless your pianoman! Where it seems to make him shoot better

Just enjoy yourself mate

ATB

Ada,

compared to the likes of si and davy, darryl, daz7, elliot etc and all the rest of the great marksmen on here ... im pants compared to them. so its a good job its just a bit of fun :)

just hope i dont embarrass myself totaly and get a big fat 0 haha.. if i get 20 il be happy 30 would be great and anything over 40 and il be well chuffed. just hope its not too windy, ive never really shot when its windy so im no good with windage estimation. when its windy i wont shoot at animals i wait for the wind to stop, or i dont shoot at all.. better safe than sorry eh.

might try figure something out if its windy today... or tomoro and sat at the meet if its windy then

I'm going round the course with you! I'm exactly the same lmao if it's windy the 97k is coming out and if its not the ultra is coming out to play

• Like 1

Hi Skot, regarding your Chairgun results.

It won't matter how accurate your entered data is be it to the decimal point correct if you don't calibrated your own BC as part of the progress.

The Ballistic Coefficient is one of the biggest facters of poor results and will effect the trajectory more than most things entered.

In some cases as much as 6 metres from printed results which will miss a 40mm kill zone at the longer HFT distances.

If you are worried about perfect calibration I will do a demo using your combo tomorrow for all interested showing how to properly calibrated using chairgun.

Si.

• Like 1

As thankfull as i am for that lovely offer.. as i said in my pm the rifles in-consistency in fps variation..will make it very hard for you lol..after tonys had his way with it i think it will be alright tho hehe. im going to calculate the bc after i weigh out a few ftts when i get back from kfc and tent shopping lmao.

And like pianoman said im not using chairgun as gospel..just a rough guide

Thanks again Si mate your a top bloke and i cant wait to shake hands :D

No problems pal, the offer was there.

Agreed Tony will defo make your rifle brilliant.

I see what your saying about Chairgun mate, that's what lots of people think but the way i use it now what results i get are the ones I use and are not rough any more.

Si.

just been trying to weigh some pellets but my little scales arent right good. different places on the plate is giving different weights lol and dead centre and just off dead centre are different weights. might aswell give it up as a bad job lmao. my scales are saying the ftts are 15.2-15.8 on the tin it says 14.66 lol

edited to add.. scales are deffo dizzy lol weighed same pellet twice and it said 15.2 then 14.8! that was a waste of money then lol ah well

Edited by Skot Ruthless Teale

I hope to get to the meet Saturday, I have a as new 5 gun shotgun cabinet which cost £140.00 new, I want £80.00 for it plus I have a new Walnut L/Hand Thumbhole FT Ultra stock with adjustable cheekpiece and butt plate for sale and other bits and pieces. is it worth me bringing this stuff down or not, thought Ide do a bit of a small boot sale kind of thing.Cheers,

Was hoping to get to this meet at the last minute, but just got home from hospital after my op and was told i can't drive for 3 weeks.Hope everyone has as much fun and enjoyment as i did from the last one.Take lots of pictures/videos please as im going to be stuck indoors for a while.ATVB..STE.. :bye: