cat with a rabbit

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why people find it hard to imagine the uk's best 4 legged hunter catching a rabbit is fecking beyond me!!

if would have to be a wild big cat to handle a rabbit imo.... maybe a leopard....

Well it was a black cat lol

Guest bullterrier

used to ferret a graveyard in liverpool and now and again you would see a big ginger tom stalking the rabbits sometimes we used to just sit and watch it :thumbs: john

if would have to be a wild big cat to handle a rabbit imo.... maybe a leopard.... :hmm:

ferrets can manage it easy enough :whistling:

:icon_eek: not a chance ive seen hundreds of ferrets get "smashed up" by game bred rabbits... :yes:

hundreds :laugh:

Seen it lots of times this time of year with small and 3/4 grown rabbits

The ones I saw that would actively hunt them used to crouch on top of the dry stone walls over looking rabbit warrens and just wait till something came out

Edited by lapin2008

My next door neighbours big tom cat brought a milky doe into her house last week...i would not have belived a domestic cat could bring such large prey back if i had not of seen it walking up the path with it minus some flesh around the shoulders

I haven't seen one make the kill, but they are certainly very capable of taking rabbits. This might sound like bollocks, but my first cat brought a full grown hare back one day that was much bigger than the cat itself. I have no idea what the circumstances were so it might have been dead when it found it (or certainly injured/dying in some way), but I am not aware of cats dragging carrion home. Either way it is impressive just for it to get it home, then drag blood and fur across the carpet of three rooms :laugh:

was out walking the dogs in an unused sand quarry bout a year ago.i seen a cat on the far hill (about 100yards)seen a couple of rabbits near the cat so i said id wait and watch.the cat sat stone like for nearly an hour until a young rabbit nearly walked into his mouth .i was impressed by the cats patience even though i hate the things :laugh:

Out tonight with the air rifle after some bunnies around the graveyard when I heard a bunnie scream. Looked around to see a domestic cat chase it down grab it and then run off.

Anyone else see this sort of thing?

have you been on them magic mushrooms again mate lol :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Out tonight with the air rifle after some bunnies around the graveyard when I heard a bunnie scream. Looked around to see a domestic cat chase it down grab it and then run off.

Anyone else see this sort of thing?

have you been on them magic mushrooms again mate lol :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I would have thought i was as well but got a pic but tells me its to large to upload

Why people find it hard to imagine the uk's best 4 legged hunter catching a rabbit is fecking beyond me!!

Not hard to imagine mate...my old cat used to catch them all the time...but he never caught a adult rabbit always kits or half growns......an adult rabbit can weigh as much as a cat