bolting rabbs with dogs

wel were do you start, winter christmas time, we are of from work grounds hard so no lamping or open feild hares so back to the good old grass stock feilds , i wistle up my two collie crosss one bred from a freind in barnsley out of the famous bob a good old colie type , and fallon an old hancker beardie type , so we get up to the 5 600 feet above sea level grounds cold but the grass acts as a cushing ,big warrens so we take two boxes off ferrets , 6 in total 4 dog ferrets 2 bitches ,dogs are markin the hill side but not to many, so says fech it no nets ,start with two dog ferrets within minutes a bolt lukes got him and fetched right back, one bolts further along fallon catches him , dogs are working steady , a few misses a few catches , because im letting the ferrets work on there own steam and dogs not disturbing burries there bolting well .

time goes by we are into double figures dogs are doing well , old hands at the game ,its good to see how both colie types work very diffrent lukes on top of the burries fallons , siting back to get a wider spectrum, useing her head were luke is all action ,but both playing a good part ,

we take 18 out of hill side big four pounders , get a cup of tea sit in the old subaru , lukes still marking ahole falons lying back , feching pest ,i give him wistle he comes away , we walk a feild of clover and set a side , i get the pup out wel ten month sol out of the great sniper and jade see if we can get a hare or a chase lukes chivvying about for a bolt pups on slip , i wistle him in an drop him with a hand signal , as there fresh scent , sols off a bit noseying about , its rough land but what the hell , of he goes the hare gets up hees on him right away, the hares are not daft they take him up a hill down the hill into some rushes , hees a sticker is the pup, in the bushes out the bushes hares starting to run out of ideas ,

fallon jumps out car window as shes came to life little cow shees on hare but pushes it into pup , he gets a taste of fur ,and growls at falon so she steps back , hees a possesive little fecher 25 inches off fire ,at moment , hes going be good as he is taylor made for the game could see his stile already even tho a pup glued to qaurry and no problem hitting cover on his own,

we go back to ferreting for an hour take five more we call it a day , we turn the clock forward 17 years and i have another like sol a young bitch black and tan and same nature , 25 at shoulder , shees had a look and hunts like a hoover and starting to jump fences to find game without any coaxing ,good to see the future is still rosy apart from the unjustlaws ,

i think the best years are past for the coursing comps and general fun and who gives adam atitude but we strive and do not wilt , thats the scots for you ,and some over the border lads , ahah

all the best . scanners getting primed up still wanting to know how you can put pics up with a copyrite so they cant get copied guys

Edited by BLACKWATER...
  • Like 5

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

wel were do you start, winter christmas time, we are of from work grounds hard so no lamping or open feild hares so back to the good old grass stock feilds , i wistle up my two collie crosss one bred

the summit of Ben Nevis is 4400 ft , I,d be interested to seee this 5600ft hill whin and you managed to drive the subaru up it as well in the middle of winter, fxcking legend lol

Who slated him ???? It's called having a laugh !! Whin enjoys it !!   Cheers.

Posted Images

wel were do you start, winter christmas time, we are of from work grounds hard so no lamping or open feild hares so back to the good old grass stock feilds , i wistle up my two collie crosss one bred from a freind in barnsley out of the famous bob a good old colie type , and fallon an old hancker beardie type , so we get up to the 5 600 feet above sea level grounds cold but the grass acts as a cushing ,big warrens so we take two boxes off ferrets , 6 in total 4 dog ferrets 2 bitches ,dogs are markin the hill side but not to many, so says fech it no nets ,start with two dog ferrets within minutes a bolt lukes got him and fetched right back, one bolts further along fallon catches him , dogs are working steady , a few misses a few catches , because im letting the ferrets work on there own steam and dogs not disturbing burries there bolting well .

time goes by we are into double figures dogs are doing well , old hands at the game ,its good to see how both colie types work very diffrent lukes on top of the burries fallons , siting back to get a wider spectrum, useing her head were luke is all action ,but both playing a good part ,

we take 18 out of hill side big four pounders , get a cup of tea sit in the old subaru , lukes still marking ahole falons lying back , feching pest ,i give him wistle he comes away , we walk a feild of clover and set a side , i get the pup out wel ten month sol out of the great sniper and jade see if we can get a hare or a chase lukes chivvying about for a bolt pups on slip , i wistle him in an drop him with a hand signal , as there fresh scent , sols off a bit noseying about , its rough land but what the hell , of he goes the hare gets up hees on him right away, the hares are not daft they take him up a hill down the hill into some rushes , hees a sticker is the pup, in the bushes out the bushes hares starting to run out of ideas ,

fallon jumps out car window as shes came to life little cow shees on hare but pushes it into pup , he gets a taste of fur ,and growls at falon so she steps back , hees a possesive little fecher 25 inches off fire ,at moment , hes going be good as he is taylor made for the game could see his stile already even tho a pup glued to qaurry and no problem hitting cover on his own,

we go back to ferreting for an hour take five more we call it a day , we turn the clock forward 17 years and i have another like sol a young bitch black and tan and same nature , 25 at shoulder , shees had a look and hunts like a hoover and starting to jump fences to find game without any coaxing ,good to see the future is still rosy apart from the unjustlaws ,

i think the best years are past for the coursing comps and general fun and who gives adam atitude but we strive and do not wilt , thats the scots for you ,and some over the border lads , ahah

all the best . scanners getting primed up still wanting to know how you can put pics up with a copyrite so they cant get copied guys

:laugh:

Enjoyed that! :good:

the summit of Ben Nevis is 4400 ft , I,d be interested to seee this 5600ft hill whin and you managed to drive the subaru up it as well in the middle of winter, fxcking legend lol

I thought he meant 5 or 6 hundred ft! :laugh:

He was ferreting 1200 feet above the highest point in Britain !!!! That REALY IS A "TALL" Story !! LOL !!

Cheers.

• Like 1