snipped teeth

Guest norseman

Guest norseman

hey was just wondering has anyone on here ever heard of getting a ferrets teeth snipped, i noticed that my jill's teeth were flat edged instead of sharp, but dissmissed it as she was young when i got her, i showed her to a pal and he said that the guy i got it from must have snipped them, a thing he used to do in his ferreting days, has anyone else heard of/done this to a ferret, and does it make a difference to working, good or bad ect?

be interesed in hearing your views, atb!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi mate, if you find out for sure that the guy snipped the teeth, then give him a boot in the balls from me next time you see him, he sounds like a prize w@nker.       Yours in sport Pernod

Anyone who does that should have all their teeth snapped, its barbaric.

It happened in the bad ole days and the pathetic idea was it would stop a ferret kiling and lying up, in my humble opinion anyone who does such a barbaric practice should have the shit kicked out of them and shouldn't be allowed animals. Imagine someone breaking your teeth in half, would it bother you and make a diference to yor welfare/working ability?

Guest norseman

good point, i dont know for certain if this guy did snip them, but it looks like the four main teeth that are flat edged. i'd be pissed if someone did to me simoman

Bought a silver jill on impulse few years back, after getting her home I discovered her teeth were snipped, she didnt work so I ended up rehomeing her to a pet home

should have took it back to the bloke and then snipped his fecking teeth out , what a barbaric act i actually thought the act of snipping teeth was just a old country tale i never thought some moron would actually do it.

Bought a silver jill on impulse few years back, after getting her home I discovered her teeth were snipped, she didnt work so I ended up rehomeing her to a pet home

should have took it back to the bloke and then snipped his fecking teeth out , what a barbaric act i actually thought the act of snipping teeth was just a old country tale i never thought some moron would actually do it.

I bought her at a fair so I couldnt return her unfortunately

That practice went out with the ark as it should have , as there might be more than a rabbit in a burrow and a ferret would need its teeth to defend its self. It was common practice to put a hollow key over the tooth and snap it you will know if its been done as it will discolor and start to rot ,shame you bought her at fair or you could of found out who did it .

One of my hobs broke the tip of his tooth and doesn't use that side to chew now!

If as a kit it was given large bones it could have ground them down but would have had to had its larger teath come through. How old was it when you got it?