Saluki Greyhound x Collie Greyhound

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

good cross ran one in the 80s made old bones ran well on hares worked the lamp and hated the red the ones i had and mates ran were honest dogs and loved the hunt atb troter photos of the dog pre ban

Here is a older dog of mine..Cattle dog x grey Saluki X grey with a bit of deerhound in there ..25 in tts and endless stamina with brain's to go with it..he ran well over 100 rabbit's a night on many

The breeding was repeated Giro but it was around 8/9 yr's ago an by all account's a bitch pup from the litter was doing really well...i have lost touch now with the folk involved..i did bit's with him

Posted Images

I was thinking about this cross today, some definate up sides, the downside though could be a dog that was as touchy and tempramental as your average woman.

In my idle musings i ended on saluki/bull/grey x collie/whippet/grey

Yes the saluki and collie could definitely give the worst of both I guess.

Saluki Bull Grey x Collie Whippet Grey is something I've thought about too.

Should make a decent all rounder.

My bitch is saluki/whippet/grey I THINK possibly with some collie. Would love to put a collie/bull/grey over her down the line but would then worry about diluting the saluki blood too much.

Gaz

Lets see them folks. How do you rate them?

Best lamping dog ive ever seen was bred this way,a machine,the lad that owned it would have made any lurcher a top class mutt at lamping,but this bitch was truly unique,until stolen.

old bitch i had she not with me anymore was a sad day she was pts :cray: she was a decent bitch on hares/roe/bunnys, but didnt like teeth, which was cool by me as i dont hunt fox, id have another in a heart beat if it was like her....

post-67365-0-99057400-1337634092.jpg

:thumbs:

Just used this type over my own bitch, The ones i seen made decent alrounders and i dont know why more anit bred this way decent collie type X nice sharp coursing type make tidy mutts for all eidable stuff

good cross ran one in the 80s made old bones ran well on hares worked the lamp and hated the red the ones i had and mates ran were honest dogs and loved the hunt atb troter photos of the dog pre ban julie014-2.jpgjulie020.jpg100_1734.jpg

Edited by troter58
  • Like 2

good cross ran one in the 80s made old bones ran well on hares worked the lamp and hated the red the ones i had and mates ran were honest dogs and loved the hunt atb troter photos of the dog pre ban julie014-2.jpgjulie020.jpg100_1734.jpg

id have 1 like that aswell, thats a cracker :thumbs: