UEFA Euro 2012

We've two good stadiums anyway, Croagh Park (if the GAA would see their way to allowing it) and the Aviva stadium. Other stadia I am not so sure whether they'd meet requirements or not.

Depends on the minimum capacity for each stadium I suppose John. Add the Millenium stadium, Celtic park, ibrox, Hampden, Murrayfield and maybe the City ground and Liberty stadiums and you've got 9 modern stadia over 20,000 with good transport links to them.

• Replies 814
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i love it when england play late afternoon games because i go fishing and theres nobody around i can always watch them get beat when i get home

Malt there is nothing on this green planet I want more than to see England get humped. You can call that small minded, pathetic, whatever. It's called rivalry and any real football fan will know what

C'mon Ireland !!

Posted Images

We've two good stadiums anyway, Croagh Park (if the GAA would see their way to allowing it) and the Aviva stadium. Other stadia I am not so sure whether they'd meet requirements or not.

Depends on the minimum capacity for each stadium I suppose John. Add the Millenium stadium, Celtic park, ibrox, Hampden, Murrayfield and maybe the City ground and Liberty stadiums and you've got 9 modern stadia over 20,000 with good transport links to them.

If thats the criteria mate then Easter road(hibs) and Pittodrie (aberdeen, you know that already.... :D ) are both over 20'000............ :thumbs:

Other stadia of various sporting allegiences are listed in the link below:

http://en.wikipedia....iums_in_Ireland

If Wiki is correct, we have over 20 stadia with capacity over 20,000, but that's standing.

Over 20k seated are:

Croagh park (Dublin - GAA) 76,500

Aviva Staduim (Dublin - IRFU/FAI) 51,700

McHale Park (Castlebar - GAA) 42,000

Semple Stadium (Thurles - GAA) 36,000

Gaelic Grounds (Limerick - GAA) 35,000

Two close "also rans" are:

Páirc Uí Chaoimh (Cork - GAA) 19,500

Nowlan Park (Kilkenny - GAA) 19,000

----------------------------

In other news, match is shite.

Edited by JohnGalway

Germany are looking favourites to me. Start the tournament slowly and peak at the right time. No real shocks so far really, holland are a huffy lot, their camp is never happy, bit like englands :D

Anyhow c'mon England :D

• Like 1