MINSHAW .....

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just to add to the thread,,,I know most have seen the pic befor,,,but possibly not tree hands ....   Venus ,,half minshaw,,half coursing dog,,,littler sister to swift,,the black and white bitch fran

I wasn't ever going to comment on this thread ever , I wasn't prepared to say anything about the breed or the men although I've seen a few run and know a lot of the men mentioned including victor gh

I did manage to find a single photograph all be it not a great one. Can't really remember the night but the blue bitch in the picture belonged to my old mate from Workington.   The Handsome guy in

Posted Images

If we were to breed Don x Swift they would be more Minshaw then anything else.. Jack is sire to both so they would be 1/2 Jack who was real deal Minshaw bred,1/4 Collie and 1/4 Visa Tomo's coursing bred bitch...you would be more truthful calling them Minshaw bred than coursing bred surely?

How come people care so much what other folk refer to their dogs as, as long as they are not using totally made up claims in order to peddle pups or make money?

I wouldnt call these lads peddlers in a million years, if they were. they'd have sold me a pup by now :tongue2:

dont thlnk anyone would call them shite,they seem to have caught stuff for you,did bullpa strugle for speed,some of the dogs in the pictures seem to be a more athletic build than he was,as i mentioned earlier was he picklng up behlnd a faster dog.

Even though theres been a few out-crosses in the line the ONE defining factor is the Minshaw blood in them, so why shouldn't they be called Minshaw.

It isn't like Andy or his lads are punting dogs out and giving out false breedings, you know what your getting and hows it bred, these lads should be credited for that imo. The lurcher world is full of charlatans who deserve to be pulled apart, give the lads a break.

Enjoy your "Lurchers" everybody and hope you all have a safe and fruitful season. Peace out !! :victory:

• Like 1

no one is calling these lads peddler,but there are a lot of rumors going around about them breeding from jackers and breeding from dogs of 10 months old.

The lurcher world is full of rumours, most rumours are usually started by people with axe's to grind/shit stirrers call them what you will, thats why they stay rumours and never fact because 9 times out of 10 its bullshit. :thumbs:

• Like 1

Fordson the Bulpa dog was fast enough,he pulled plenty of gear Inc fallow bucks,red hinds and hundreds of roe,hares well I've never seen or heard of a dog that killed as many? He done ok you can take my word on that and bigdaddy the same dog mated a bitch at 10 month old albeit not intenionally and from the litter produced one of the best and strongest running bitches I've ever witnessed in Kes the grandam to Jack,Moscow,Chester,Ginny,Flick etc: and great grand dam to Don,Swift,Venus and others so there you go!

• Like 1

no one is calling these lads peddler,but there are a lot of rumors going around about them breeding from jackers and breeding from dogs of 10 months old.

rumours are normally started by jealous folk who have nothing interesting going on in there own lives,who strive to be like the people they start the rumours about

so seen as youve heard the rumours which dogs were bred from which were jackers and which ones were bred from at 10month old???

or you meaning the bulpa dog was 10month old which was an accident about 20plus years ago,which has been mentioned on this thread so that aint a rumour its a fact

Edited by pack of dogs
  • Like 1
Guest bigdaddylongchopper

romour has it don went to a greyhound at 10 months old,and swift is bred from a jacker that tommo owns,if thats how you lads go about things crack on,there your dogs not mine.

• Like 1