Excellent round for roe in Scotland (don't know the law in Ireland) and foxing.

ATB Bob.

hi mate

I have several permissions with sika deer , would a .223 take them ?

Atb

myles

No, you would be better with something like a .270 or .308, there will be others along suggesting thier favourite calibers, check the law of your country and take it from there.

ATB Bob.

ATB Bob.

hi mate

Atb

myles

No, you would be better with something like a .270 or .308, there will be others along suggesting thier favourite calibers, check the law of your country and take it from there.

ATB Bob.

.270 a very good round but not popular, you can pick up some bargins in this calibre :thumbs:

ATB Bob.

hi mate

Atb

myles

You won't get a deer license here with a .223. Best go looking for .243, .270, .308 etc for deer. Not sure whether they're still giving out deer licenses on .22-250's or not.

Within the law in ROI you can have a 22-250 put on for deer but its hard to know whether they'd give you one for that purpose. .223 is a very capable foxing round and will kill deer stone dead if you put it in the right place but it is illegal. Using V-max rounds there deadly!

I love the 223,never thought I would get over my 222 but I did superb round for foxes, mine has a slower twist 1in12 its a remington 700,I have met people who use them on roe in scotland and they really like them,but to be fair I havnt heard any one useing them on bigger deer,I use a 52 grn hollow point in mine and they really are deadly zx10mike getting one custom made has the right idea, I bet that will be a superb gun, be careful around the twist rate of the barrel, he is right to go for the faster twist for the heavier bullet, I am tempted to give border barrels a ring myself,

atb

Darren

cheers darren 'can't wait .robertson tac stock border 20" bull barrel ai mag con fully bedded tikka action.its my first custom and the days are long let me tell you.i had a border barrel on my .204 and that was awesome accurate.dave at valkyrie rifles is doing it for me.check out his site.talented man

cheers darren 'can't wait .robertson tac stock border 20" bull barrel ai mag con fully bedded tikka action.its my first custom and the days are long let me tell you.i had a border barrel on my .204 and that was awesome accurate.dave at valkyrie rifles is doing it for me.check out his site.talented man

Ho god I am tempted, some day I will have one done, I allways wanted to try them with the heavier bullets for really long range,I was daft really but mine came at the right price,in top condition,I will shoot it for a couple of years, then get the remington action re barrelled,please let me know how you get on with yours having the 1in8 twist,

atb

Darren