Wanted Lakeland bitch pup i think !

Please help ! My lad wants his own dog !

I have a ESS and Border bitch and my lad wants a dog, It will come Ratting with the border and if quiet will be trained to track shot Deer.

I have narrowed my choice to Lakelands and Patterdales, But he dislikes black dogs so it would have to be a chocalate Patt.

Help me make the choice Lakeland or Choc patt .

And find one i'm in Nottingham But willing to travel up to 2hrs each way .

Splash

• Like 1

There's a lot of different breeds of dogs that will be good ratters and track deer , lakys and patts should really be used as earthdogs ! Although they can rat and track deer. If your lads is making he's choice on colour only , then can I suggest you should try another breed jmho

Marshman thanks for responding. Type of dog is my choice as if the dog is to big it becomes a pain in the ars* to take stalking and would get left at home. and i don't like tekkels ( were they not earth dogs ) i am not tring to change a breed, Just use their ability to use their brains in a different direction.

Perhaps i would be easier to understand why my lad is swayed by colour if i said he is only 10 years old.

Atb

Fairplay coldweld it's you and your lads choice what breed of Dog you have . It's my opinion that you could choose a better breed of dog for type of hunting , ie a breed that had a better nose! I can also understand how a young lad can be swayed by colour . But I'm again of the opinion that colour should be irrelevant when it come to hunting! But it's your choice so Atb

personally coldweld id go for another border,is the one youve got lacking in some way?dave

No dave shes fine but she thinks she can out run everything and makes to much noise . Mad as a box of frogs !

hey up coldweld i have patt cross lakie pups and patt pups for sale mate both sire and dame work top and ground mate but could not guarantee that the pups would not go too ground , i dont think any one could say colour or breed will not do what they are bred for but you are welcome to come see mine work my lands and make your choice atb mel :thumbs:

• Like 1

Coldweld, show your lad a Plummer and see what he thinks of them, they,v got very good nose,s on them for terriers, mine was tracking Hares from about 5 month, i think you,d find them usefull, ATB, buster.

• Like 1