Dry Ferret food vs Dry Cat food ?

Guest vin

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Do you think that could have anything to do with price of that f*****g stuff.............

Fed flesh at night a fly bag each side of the huts and remove the remains in the morning only bought dry once and never again

Cat food is for cats mate.   Ferret food is designed for ferrets as they have a tiny digestive tract and need to extract nutrients quiickly. High protien is not the be all and end all

Posted Images

Anyone ever threw a rabbit in and when it was finished threw another one in and so on................................. :whistling:

NO IN THE SUMMER TO MANY FLIES ATB

Half a rabbit in the summer then..... :hmm:

Thats what I do all year round.... but in the summer...its a nightmare with all the flies everywhere..so its more kibble and less flesh..I try and give them rabbits in quarter portions so that theres nowt left around gathering maggots.

Mine get cat food and raw chicken, eggs, tinned fish,

ferret food is overpriced and very hard to get here.

my last ferret was fed cat biscuit and did great on it lived till he was 10 yrs old, i have his son he's on the same and is looking good on it just 1 question do you lads feed rabbit do you experience more lie ups and dig more ?post-67832-0-88802700-1335292401.jpg

Mine get dry ferret food and meat everyday. Rabbit, phesant, mince, pigeon, chicken, sardines in oil, stewed steak.

They also get raw egg and lactofree once or twice a week.

I like em to have a variety not the same stuff dry stuff everyday. (must be boring)

Also depends on the dry food, when they went on chudleys they were shitting for england. I feed mine vitalin (over 40% fresh chicken, read the ingredients on your bag of ferret biscuits ;) Mix it with alpha and jwb.

Edited by joe14

'KittleRox' timestamp='1335293379' post='2588090']

The one' timestamp='1335286308' post='2587882']

Fed flesh at night a fly bag each side of the huts and remove the remains in the morning only bought dry once and never again

Why never again ? just curious :hmm:

They didn't eat it they just tipped the dishes and scattered it i tried to be hard and left them but it was still on the floor two days later.Its just easier to defrost a rabbit and put it in at night .

'Country Joe' timestamp='1335375533' post='2589815']

If their hungry they will eat it, I like to keep things simple, Winter when they are no flies, they get Rabbit, summer they get a ferret complete.

How long do you leave it then ?. that was two days and they didn't touch it ,easier to feed rabbits or if i run out chicken carcasses which they will eat