Do You Leave A Run In Your Dog Coming Home.

Run em into the ground then leave em where they fall

why put stuff like that up ?a dog is not just a toy you can play with then dump when no good sad c**t

He was joking on :laugh:

still not a good thing to put up mate when antis spend more time on here,when the members do,

Agreed but I know a lad he hunts with and they said he is sound ;)

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's like a battery: if you run it right down, it takes longer to charge again, and batteries which are continually run down to nothing will fail sooner than those which are recharged often and proper

if you had ever seen a dog thats given everything and i dont just mean choughing and pukeing white flem .and what it take to bring that dog back, you would not even bother asking

i think you should always leave a run in your dog as im running a young dog at the moment im being carefull and leaving a quite a few in him !

why put stuff like that up ?a dog is not just a toy you can play with then dump when no good sad c**t

Sarcasm ?

He was joking on :laugh:

still not a good thing to put up mate when antis spend more time on here,when the members do,

Agreed but I know a lad he hunts with and they said he is sound ;)

Who ever told you that is a liar :laugh:

• Like 1

My old dog had a bad turn once after too many runs. He'd had 4 big runs in some wet, strength sapping ground. On the way back to the car, he was off the lead and another hare got up and away he went. On his return he was wobbly and when he got in sight of me he just laid down and stayed there. I carried him back to the truck and he was twitching. Called the vet and said his blood sugar had dropped too low. Lactose and some grub sorted him out but he was a bit stiff the next day. Plus I'd been lamping the night previous and basically over done him. Lesson learnt.

• Like 1

My old dog had a bad turn once after too many runs. He'd had 4 big runs in some wet, strength sapping ground. On the way back to the car, he was off the lead and another hare got up and away he went. On his return he was wobbly and when he got in sight of me he just laid down and stayed there. I carried him back to the truck and he was twitching. Called the vet and said his blood sugar had dropped too low. Lactose and some grub sorted him out but he was a bit stiff the next day. Plus I'd been lamping the night previous and basically over done him. Lesson learnt.

my bitch done it one night ran her hard on some hilly hard testing ground on the bunnies she was ok walking back to the car but when she lay down she took a fit,a mars bar brought her round as its all we could get at 4 in the morning in the middle of nowhere.never found out the cause just put it down to over ran when unfit,lesson learned could of lost her and ive heard it can turn dogs funny by having fits.soon as i see them slowing and making hard work i call it a night

Guest Moscow

Some interesting replys but its not as black and white as made out. There is a very fine line between giving a dog just enough and over doing it. The line is easy crossed by a dog with very high prey drive or an inexperienced handler especially when out in company and ego's are trying to be boosted.

Edited by Moscow