• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

dont think hendo will do any different than shogun, rampage, evans or machida, the reach, height difference will will be too much, i think jones will be at the top for a long time, dont think theres a

Why?   Jones will just be way too physical for him I think.   Evans IMO is over rated, let him dictate the fight and he'll beat you up but put him on the back foot he gets desparate IMO. He gasses

Hendo's got the title shot..... No this will be a fight.. And he won't stand off him getting picked apart.... Get ready for the H bomb!!

is this on? hendo definately has the ability to beat jones. His h-bomb is legendary (thinking bisping).

Hendo has great ground skills and will test jones' chin better than rampage did too. if this is on its a serious match up!

dont think hendo will do any different than shogun, rampage, evans or machida, the reach, height difference will will be too much, i think jones will be at the top for a long time, dont think theres anyone in the division that will give him much trouble, having said that hendo is a gutsy little b*****d that wont give in

• Like 2

His reach is only effective if you stand away from him and let him use you as a punch bag. I'm not saying he's a push over up close, but it's the only way to best him IMO. On the neg side though, I've been in a clinch with hendo once and he's not the biggest of blokes, even though he fought fedor at heavy!! Some blokes look bigger in real life. He I thought, looked smaller.

Watched that fight earlier today......i was amazed i dont think ive ever seen a fighter as big at the weight as Jones looked.............looked like he could push on any time he liked ability wise but seemed a little tentative to me.......cant see that Henderson beating him from what ive seen he,s plenty game and durable enough but whether he,s got the athletic intelligence to get around Jones tools id have my doubts........whatever happened to that other chap Silva or was he a lighter weight.....make a nice scrap that would.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 1

think the difference with both silva and jones is they really are the size of a weight class above now put jones against some of the heavyweights he wouldnt be a contender but silva would still be a dangerous fighter for any of the lhw same goes for GSP in welter put him in the MW and then see the difference

Macdonald was perfect. Didn't seem to put a foot wrong. He will be a good one to follow. They was saying what makes him so well rounded is the fact that his first taste of combat sports is Mma. Not kick boxing or wrestling or bjj. So that way he didn't really favour one over the other.

Havent they just Moonlighter!! Its a great great sport. I like the fact that weve seen it grow and evolve with our own eyes, thats why i love it. Its OUR sport, boxing was our parents but mma is ours.

I remember GSPs first fight and look at him now! Weve seen legends come and go like chuck and randy.

LIke you said about rory macdonald, at the start it was about disciplines like BJJ, boxing, wrestling, muay thai even street fighting, but kids are coming up that arent strictly brought up in one discipline, the sport is growing that much.

Ive got the first 30 on dvd. I started watching ufc when it was on bravo which was in the 30's and 40's. Did you ever see any vale tudo with mark kerr and the like before ufc was on our screens?? That was proper rough.

I've been following it properly for the last 3 or 4 years I'd say. I got espn and and watch all the UFC fight, the Mma live news and all the build up to the fight too. Anything before that I've seen on you tube, like pride and K1. What I like about the sport is that with all the build up and press, you feel like you really know some off the fighters. I've said to people who Ive tried to convert, that you'll enjoy watching one UFC event, but start to follow it and you'll get a real understanding of the fighter. Who they have beat to earn a title shot and who are the good guys and who are the bad boys lol. For example, when Mir snapped big nogs arm, my brother didn't really get the importance of the fight. He thought it was just some old man getting beat up, but when you see what a pride/UFC legend he really is, it means all the more!