What price?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

any dog is worth exactly what somebody is willing to pay for it.....

a good dog deserves a good price , if you have proven dogs bred of generaitions of workers no matter if its pure or cross its purposly bred to do a job so pure or cross shouldnt make the diffrence ,

200 is about right id say and fifty is an insult

Posted Images

a good dog deserves a good price , if you have proven dogs bred of generaitions of workers no matter if its pure or cross its purposly bred to do a job so pure or cross shouldnt make the diffrence , wouldnt let a pup go for cheap as if you have put the miles in to get top qaulity working stock then your only getting what you put in i would say any top class or proven dogs worth 200 to 300 pounds for several seasons of game and pleasure its a steal and you can breed of him her if worthy , some people can trace lines away back thats why they can charge a price

Have you a litter due ?

I'd say about £75 - 150 ish. depends on how much you like the litter, parents etc.

i think 100 is about right for a decent pup.ipayed 50 for one and 75 for the other and one i got rid of was 100 so price does not mean there any better

May be if you'd payed £150 or more,you might not have got rid

Got 3 dogs 1 was £150 of good lines from ireland .Got another 2 from shropshire of good lines as well which cost me £200 each and a 16 hour journey so if you were to add the diesel money which was £140 all in it was £540 and they were worth every penny .Its hard to put a price on a pup if there from good dogs it helps and if you want decent dogs most of the time you will pay good money unless you know whos breeding and will gift you a pup . Its up to you to put the work in and bring them to the standard you want atb

• Like 1

I'd say about £75 - 150 ish. depends on how much you like the litter, parents etc.

i think 100 is about right for a decent pup.ipayed 50 for one and 75 for the other and one i got rid of was 100 so price does not mean there any better

May be if you'd payed £150 or more,you might not have got rid

not a chance it was not a lamper it burned out to quick was ok for few daytimers though but not my thing

I'm not sure I agree with all these high prices. I understand what Maxhardcore said is right about the cost of doing things correctly, but if I was to breed a litter then knowing that the pups are going to the right people (To see whether the breeding was a success or not) would mean more to me than the money I forked out on the bitch and pups. If that meant a pup going for free to the right person who you know 100% is going to bring the pup on and get the absolute best out of it would be worth the money you've spent.

Well... IMO anyway.

Price of a lurcher pup is a funny thing, i recently was on the look out for one and the prices ranged dramatically. The thing is that most people i talked to charging these amounts were full of it, few were geniune people....most not even keeping one back. If you can find a genuine person who has bred a litter and is selling a good pup thats been brought up correctly then its worth a couple of hundred. Thats not to say that you wont find a genuine person selling them for less. I thought buying a pup was going to be fun, it turned out to be a pain in the neck. If you dont know the person selling the pups it can be a real gamble no matter how much money your willing to part with.

Edited by canaliculata
  • Like 1

iv payed from 80 to 250 plus courier charges at times, iv bought every dog i ever owned an yet iv never sold 1, i have just been gifted my 1st ever pup, an beleive it or not, its parents have done more than any of the past pups parents :laugh::thumbs:

ross 50 to 150 youll get a monkey unless youre lucky to no the right people , do you think good feet wind running brain , silent hunter on all qaurry ,pre ban , youl just get one for 50 pound or a hundred mate you maybe get a rabbit dog at most

I know a lads locally that dont really breed pups for the money mate so i could argue my point here, However its not worth going into that. I could have merely been speeking of a ''mates rates'' price, So would you be as confident then ?

To breed a litter from start to leaving the Dam is a expensive business if done right.

£50 doesnt cover the innoculations and worming.

Pre mateing you clean the bitch out with worming tablets and antibiotics.

Stud Fee.

Top Dollar Feed.

Supplements,

Worm again 3 weeks pre whelp

Bedding

Any Vets fees

Post whelp worming for mother and Pups.

£200 -250 is a minimum if done right for any pup.

Absolutely spot on :thumbs:

There is a big difference between a pup going to someone who you know is a tidy lad and will do whats needed etc, and it just going to someone who you dont know from adam.

You only have to see how a 'free pup' advert on here pulls in the idiots like flies to shit.

• Like 1

ross 50 to 150 youll get a monkey unless youre lucky to no the right people , do you think good feet wind running brain , silent hunter on all qaurry ,pre ban , youl just get one for 50 pound or a hundred mate you maybe get a rabbit dog at most

I know a lads locally that dont really breed pups for the money mate so i could argue my point here, However its not worth going into that. I could have merely been speeking of a ''mates rates'' price, So would you be as confident then ?

One of the best pups i've seen of late, cost in that range. Lots of good breeding behind it etc etc etc.

Cost me £200 for mine which i think is the most i would want to pay. A stud dog would be about £100 then dew claw removal at vets as you dare not do it yourself now. Then there is worming, good food. I think probably £100 to £150 is a fair price for buyer and breeder. What pisses me off is people charging 3 to £400 for every mongrel they can make a name up for, seems like they com up with a new one every week in the local paper, last few weeks been jackadoodles, besties jacka poos colliedors etc. Mongrels thats what they were and still are, just a rat race.

• Like 1