best older 7 seat diesel mpv-oppinions

Ok getting time to change motors need 7 full adult size seats.i have now got 2 young grandaughters under 5.and me dads getting towards the end of his driving days.so i need a bigger motor

dont need 4x4

like the idea of sliding side door

diesel

around 10 years old.

whats your views wether you have or had one.

i have a discovery and get on ok with it.

if its a cheap van type you are after the nissan serena is ok ( not the quickest, but i had the 1.6 petrol and not the 2.0 diesel).

the best of luck

i just bought a zafira. not as comfy as the patrol or as nice to drive and i just had i stuck in the snow but its 7 seats 2l diesel turbo and aparently 50 mpg although yet to see it. and there timming chain

I've got an '02 2.2 Zafira. Most of the time it's just used as a normal car with a huge boot, but when the mother in law or eldest daughter are coming out with somewhere with us there's the option to put the seats up in the back. There's a fair old space in the back with all the seats folded up too, not far off what you'd get in a medium sized van sort of thing. :thumbs:

He said he doesn't require a 4x4, personally i'd opt for seat alhambra/ford galaxy, i like the renault espace but would want a newer model, toyota previas are bomb proof, very very reliable BUT not so great on fuel.........

have a look at toyota picnic had mine 2 yrs 150,0000miles and still like a swiss watch 2.2 deisel and 7 full size seats plus will not be beaten on fuel consumption by any thing similar .been up and down fens twice a week in winter for 2 years approx 400 mile round trip,each time and really comfortable with it.