I.W.T.F. (CLUB) and clubs....

IF despite all efforts this ridiculous bill goes through how do these "authorised officers" get appointed? Do they submit an application and get appointed via the courts? If so would it be possible to contest the appointment of biased "anti" officers?

As another idea would it be worthwhile looking into getting countryside alliance ireland/working terrier club members etc to apply to become officers? Balance things out a little?

10, The Minister or Manager of a local authority may for the purposes of enforcing this Act or an EU measure, appoint in writing, such persons or classes of person as he or she considers appropriate to be authorised officers for the exercise of all or any of the functions under this Act.

The Local Authority Managers would not be the sharpest chisel in the toolbox.

The ANTI's (Green Party) would consider themselves the right Class of Person to control animal welfare.

and the Green party, when they were in power did enough to plant their buddies into positions of influence.

The "Authorisied Officer position" needs to be deleted from the bill totally.

IMO It would be best if working dog kennels were controlled by a "Code of conduct" put in place be Working dog people.

The greyhound people have such a system put in place.

Edited by p3d
  • Like 1

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The very genuine air of camaraderie on this thread comes across loud and clear, it’s a far cry from the THL of old and long may it continue to be that way.   The IWTF has already shown in a very sho

Barrie, camaraderie would be an understatement. The room for the meeting on Sunday was pre-paid for by one lad out of his own pocket at considerable expence. At the close of the meeting EVERYONE tha

l

Posted Images

IF despite all efforts this ridiculous bill goes through how do these "authorised officers" get appointed? Do they submit an application and get appointed via the courts? If so would it be possible to contest the appointment of biased "anti" officers?

As another idea would it be worthwhile looking into getting countryside alliance ireland/working terrier club members etc to apply to become officers? Balance things out a little?

IMHO even one person without an understanding of hunting is too many to have as an "authorized officer" - this Act gives them way too much power - the last thing we need is a Southern Philpot trying to further their own careers by stitching up perfectly law abiding people.

• Like 1

10, The Minister or Manager of a local authority may for the purposes of enforcing this Act or an EU measure, appoint in writing, such persons or classes of person as he or she considers appropriate to be authorised officers for the exercise of all or any of the functions under this Act.

The ANTI's (Green Party) would consider themselves the right Class of Person to control animal welfare.
and the Green party, when they were in power did enough to plant their buddies into positions of influence.

IMO It would be best if working dog kennels were controlled by a "Code of conduct" put in place be Workin dog people.
Edited by stop.end

IMO It would be best if working dog kennels were controlled by a "Code of conduct" put in place be Working dog people.

there is a code of conduct in the submission is there not????

Yes there is, I hope it is used by the Minister to draft the bill.

I believe that with the Greyhound kennels, before an inspection takes place, a Vet representing the Greyhound council has to be present.

Without wishing to appear paranoid,this Bill seems to be another tightening of the noose on peoples privacy and right to live. Increasingly the Governments are taking away our rights one by one and invading peoples privacy too suit themselves as we grow more and more into a fully fledged police state.Life today in the British Isles means too be Monitored,Managed and Owned by our Governors who have no respect for the common man. Just a few weeks ago they tried to get a Bill passed so as they could look at your texts,emails and internet browsing 24hrs a day without a warrant.Sick of this Fxcking country.

Lads, I will find out today at what the Bill is at and the route it will take through the Dail. I got an email today from the current HAI chairman stating that ICABS were on to Simon Coveney about banning digging out. It about time all terriermen stood up for what they believe! Don't ever underestimate the strenght of the hunting lobby. If you haven't emailed or written a letter to Simon Coveney the Minister in charge of this bill who by the way in pro hunting then I suggest YOU do! The ANTIs are doing it. It appears to me at times they have more belief in their cause than WE do OURs....... Sad

• Like 4

If anyone ever had any doubts about the need and urgency to set up an IWTF then these recent developments hopefully should convince them otherwise and vindicate everything which I and others have been saying for some considerable time now.

J.M.H.O. - Barrie

• Like 6

If anyone is in any doubt what the antis are about or they dont

think a Working Terrier Club should be set up i sugest you

log onto the ICABS website and have a look ,a good look

Its time to take our heads out of the sand ....

We cant leave it to anybody else to fight our battles

• Like 2

iv just been on the phone a member of Sinn Fein that i know back home and i asked him where his party stands on the new bill being brought in over in ireland and suprise suprise he said il have to find out and get back to you .Do these politicians not listen at all FFS