I.W.T.F. (CLUB) and clubs....

Great turn out,with all clubs represented,committee doing trojan work,and Northern clubs well represented(for such a long drive)History will show that two car loads of Fatman and Co got lost with a top of the range satnav going to the inaugural meeting of the IWTF.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

true liam was a good turn out :thumbs: and fair play to all who turned up Edited by danny300
  • Like 1

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The very genuine air of camaraderie on this thread comes across loud and clear, it’s a far cry from the THL of old and long may it continue to be that way.   The IWTF has already shown in a very sho

Barrie, camaraderie would be an understatement. The room for the meeting on Sunday was pre-paid for by one lad out of his own pocket at considerable expence. At the close of the meeting EVERYONE tha

l

Posted Images

Good turnout and like all first meetings was more of a getting to know you session then anything else which went on too long and yet not long enough if you know what I mean. Great to hear of the solid work already put in by the committee and the results already achieved also good to get the formal ground rules of the Federation sorted.

The Federation has real momentum now but this momentum needs to be maintained ,I don't agree with the approach RISE is taking and easing back, we were very nearly caught napping on this issue if we go to sleep on it now the world we wake up to will be devoid of all we hold dear.

What we, politicians and everyone else must realise is that we are a large, passionate and motivated lobby whose views are now being channelled through a legitimate,well organised and well run federation.It needs to be pointed out to all politicians that if they've learned nothing from the mistakes of the greens and start to mess around with fieldsports then come the next election they'll be joining the greens on the dole queues.

• Like 5

Just had a look at the RISE web site ,and there it was ,in black and white

Mr DES CROFTON telling us that everything is going to be ok ,foot off the pedal

the country sports people of IRELAND are SAVED .

Well my god hail the new KING OF COUNTRY SPORTS.

AND THEN I READ AGAIN

and I keep getting stuck on the words ....SHOULD BE ...

Is this man trying to PXXS up my back and tell me its raining.

And you know whats worse of all .....I AM HELPING TO PAY HIS WAGES

Everybody knows the ammount of shooting men that keep terriers is huge

Well everybody except 1 maby.

When you put yourself up there as a SAVIOUR of country sports I dont think you

can be slective on which ones you deside to SAVE.

So lads its full steam ahead and keep the presure on .THERE IS NOTHING WON YET

• Like 2

Good turnout and like all first meetings was more of a getting to know you session then anything else which went on too long and yet not long enough if you know what I mean. Great to hear of the solid work already put in by the committee and the results already achieved also good to get the formal ground rules of the Federation sorted.
The Federation has real momentum now but this momentum needs to be maintained ,I don't agree with the approach RISE is taking and easing back, we were very nearly caught napping on this issue if we go to sleep on it now the world we wake up to will be devoid of all we hold dear.
What we, politicians and everyone else must realise is that we are a large, passionate and motivated lobby whose views are now being channelled through a legitimate,well organised and well run federation.It needs to be pointed out to all politicians that if they've learned nothing from the mistakes of the greens and start to mess around with fieldsports then come the next election they'll be joining the greens on the dole queues.

i Edited by stop.end

From the feed back so far this morning it appears that the meeting was a success and should go on to play a large part in the survival of terrierwork in Ireland.

At the meeting yesterday amongst many others there were huntsmen, proffessional terriermen, an engineer, tradesmen and a doctor. All with a common interest.

I've had phone calls this morning from folk who didn't know of the meeting and the forming of the I.W.T.F. and are very interested in forming their clubs and affiliating to the federation.

Please, please, make sure that everyone who wants to fight for terrierwork is made aware of the I.W.T.F. and joins their local club or forms a club and supports the federation.

Details of meetings etc. will be made available on the I.W.T.F. web site.

All details of those that do join or form clubs affiliated to the I.W.T.F. will only be available to the commitee.

The general opinion seems to be very positive and that this could be the start of something big.

Edited by neil cooney
  • Like 5