Where is Remote

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just to say thanks to the good folk off here who gave me help and advice i got back off my little trip Tuesday last week it was a piece of cake really nowhere near as bad as i thought it might be.....

I had completely forgotten that you were going to do this and hadn't realised you had been, done it and come back, good effort. There is something very uplifting and calming about having a week to yo

Thankyou sir ......its mad the way the mind plays tricks with you....no doubt about it there was times when i thought " f**k this what am i doing this for,never again "......but when i got back home

Posted Images

Well done Gnasher! I've been waiting to hear how you got on. It's quite an acomplishment in my opinion, not many folks would be keen to try it. What next? Or was it a one off?

I'm supposed to be doing the 3 peaks in July. Would love to try something similar to your trek one day.

what food did u take?

Nutrition wise i had a fair idea of what id get away with i had a combination of meal replacements and re-hydrated army ration type stuff it was actually a good fella off here that put me in touch with a great place for the mre,s......its amazing how nice a beef curry or chocolate chip dessert can taste out of a packet :D

And yes Scothunter no problems with the water.....been back 5 days now and everythings normal :D

• Like 1

Well done Gnasher! I've been waiting to hear how you got on. It's quite an acomplishment in my opinion, not many folks would be keen to try it. What next? Or was it a one off?

I'm supposed to be doing the 3 peaks in July. Would love to try something similar to your trek one day.

Thankyou sir :thumbs: ......its mad the way the mind plays tricks with you....no doubt about it there was times when i thought " f**k this what am i doing this for,never again "......but when i got back home within a few days i was actually quite sad that it was over......now ive proved to myself that i can stay alive i think i,ll enjoy it even more the next time as it was always in the back of my mind that i didnt have the foggiest idea what i was doing and could really have landed myself in bother.......but with a bit more confidence next time should be all the more enjoyable.......I ended in Fort William so scraped around the edges of Ben Nevis which gave me some thoughts.......the pal i had the bet with is about as useless as i was when it comes to little challenges like this,so ive talked him into doing the Ben Nevis Challenge with me which is for breast cancer its too late for this years even though its not till September but it will be a definate for next year.......

Im hoping to get into the habit of doing a challenge like these twice a year summer and winter.......it might be a little bit too much for a newbie like me but ive got Hadrians Wall from East to West in mind for October or November....apparently they dont recommend doing it in winter.....so thats when im going to give it a go :D ....its around 85 miles so twice as far as what ive just done......

The 3 peaks would be mountains right ?....Ben Nevis,Snowdon.....and ???.......how long would something like that take ?..... good for you anyway i wish you well........im only now realising what a great place this is that we live.....stuck in the East End of London all my life too ignorant to realise the beauty thats around us i dont know whether to be happy ive found it or annoyed that i didnt realise it earlier !!

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 6

Take a rod orca hand line the next time mate. Nowt like a fresh fish from the loch wrapped in tin foil in an open fire.

Yea got to admit I may be a bit biased, but up that way in Scotland it's like going back in time. Stunning untouched beauty.

It would be nice to find a wee remote cottage to live put my golden years.

Thankyou sir :thumbs: ......its mad the way the mind plays tricks with you....no doubt about it there was times when i thought " f**k this what am i doing this for,never again "......but when i got back home within a few days i was actually quite sad that it was over......now ive proved to myself that i can stay alive i think i,ll enjoy it even more the next time as it was always in the back of my mind that i didnt have the foggiest idea what i was doing and could really have landed myself in bother.......but with a bit more confidence next time should be all the more enjoyable.......I ended in Fort William so scraped around the edges of Ben Nevis which gave me some thoughts.......the pal i had the bet with is about as useless as i was when it comes to little challenges like this,so ive talked him into doing the Ben Nevis Challenge with me which is for breast cancer its too late for this years even though its not till September but it will be a definate for next year.......

Im hoping to get into the habit of doing a challenge like these twice a year summer and winter.......it might be a little bit too much for a newbie like me but ive got Hadrians Wall from East to West in mind for October or November....apparently they dont recommend doing it in winter.....so thats when im going to give it a go :D ....its around 85 miles so twice as far as what ive just done......

The 3 peaks would be mountains right ?....Ben Nevis,Snowdon.....and ???.......how long would something like that take ?..... good for you anyway i wish you well........im only now realising what a great place this is that we live.....stuck in the East End of London all my life too ignorant to realise the beauty thats around us i dont know whether to be happy ive found it or annoyed that i didnt realise it earlier !!

Interesting hearing about the pschological side of it all. I suppose it's when doing such mental/physical challenges that you learn a little bit more about yourself, some might even call it spiritual.....

Hadrians Wall sounds like a cracking idea, although it would be a shame to make it too much of a challenge as you wouldn't allow yourself the time to stop and take in where you are. I would be forever scratching about the ruins & exploring wasting time and food untill i ran out!

The 3 peaks challenge is Ben Nevis, Snowdon and Scafell Pike in 24 hours. Tbh I'm expecting the driving to be the killer. That said, I've not climbed any of them... even once!!! But feck it, how hard can it be?...... :laugh:

Interesting hearing about the pschological side of it all. I suppose it's when doing such mental/physical challenges that you learn a little bit more about yourself, some might even call it spiritual.....

Hadrians Wall sounds like a cracking idea, although it would be a shame to make it too much of a challenge as you wouldn't allow yourself the time to stop and take in where you are. I would be forever scratching about the ruins & exploring wasting time and food untill i ran out!

The 3 peaks challenge is Ben Nevis, Snowdon and Scafell Pike in 24 hours. Tbh I'm expecting the driving to be the killer. That said, I've not climbed any of them... even once!!! But feck it, how hard can it be?...... :laugh:

I've done Ben Nevis.............i wouldn't do the 3 in a day. I was glad to get down for a pint after Nevis....... :yes:

Well done Gnasher.... :thumbs: