Whats the best all rounder do you reckon

I used to be in to hare coursing big time, i used to run winchester and sailsbury plains and was mainly in to salukis. But things got a bit hot with the local police i dicied to pack it all up, thinking about getting another dog now but a all rounder one for the lamp and can still have the odd run on a hare, what do u reckon the best for feild

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

a well bred colliexgrey x salukixgrey, i think would be spot on for you. Good in the lamp, and would do good in the day on bigger rabbits. If you wanted bit more guts in it bit of bull prob might help

most lurchers are up to the job its finding the right one for you no one else will be training it and spending a lot of time with it so its down to what you like at the end of the day i have seen som

i have a dhxgh x colliexgh at the mo stands at 26 1/2" strong dog but only used on bunny's fantastic rabbit dog

Posted Images

anything your prepared to put the time and effort into to achieve what you want from the dog mate. as long as the cross you choose is about 24" to 27" and has good conformity to type the rest is up to you. i preffer something with a splash of both bull and collie but thats only my prefference.

• Like 1

it seems the bull grey collie quite popular, for what i want they shouldnt be to bad lamping, ferriting do you think they would have the steam for a day time run not saying they would kill 3 out of 3 i know that they prob wouldnt do that, and you got any pics of them

it seems the bull grey collie quite popular, for what i want they shouldnt be to bad lamping, ferriting do you think they would have the steam for a day time run not saying they would kill 3 out of 3 i know that they prob wouldnt do that, and you got any pics of them

bull grey x collie grey old dog now but has done it all over the years

post-896-0-53670900-1332064473_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

nice looking dog well built some thing like that might do e not to much bull in them, what was he like for wind

a well bred colliexgrey x salukixgrey, i think would be spot on for you. Good in the lamp, and would do good in the day on bigger rabbits. If you wanted bit more guts in it bit of bull prob might help. :thumbs:

• Like 2

nice looking dog well built some thing like that might do e not to much bull in them, what was he like for wind

in his day very good mate even now his recovery rate puts a lot of younger dogs to shame
  • Like 1

saluki bull grey mate carnt go wrong a mate of mine has one (nothing is safe [bANNED TEXT] it gets going) and seen a few go. they got speed stamina and are game dogs, a well bred one will do the lot from ferreting to running day time big rabbs and pull out you want down.

atb with what ever you chose jcm