Magnum Bodygrip 116 v Mk6 Fenn

Have been given some Magnum bodygrip 116's, and having not used them before, am wondering what the benefits are , if any , over the Mk6 Fenn trap, which I use regularly for squirrels and the odd rabbit etc. It seems that while the Fenn operates in a horizontal plane and is very stable, the bodygrip when set , is in a vertical plane, with only a small base area, and could be knocked over or moved if brushed against. I know both must be used in tunnels. Any opinions ?

Ive had better luck with the fens as once there covered the prey seems to step on them easily , But the prey doesn't seem keen to go threw a b.m.i. the best success i had was with squirrel who really wanted the bait in the cubby or the nuts i had placed on the trigger . But i prefer the fens and block burrow trap with 50 of them compared to only having 6 bmi's .But then again it maybe something im doing wrong

I supose 1 thing is for sure your vermin must walk through the bodygrip which will nail him 100%,but there is a posibality that he could walk over the plate on the fenn. I use both for trapping mink and i find them both very effective, 1 might suite better to a certain location over the other 1. Then I find from others im my area they only use 1 type and that's only a matter of what they are confident using. I never had a bodygrip fall over, a stick through the eye in the spring will keep it standing.

iv never had a rabbit thrown clear of the jaws on a body gipper this happens regularly on the fenns if you dont set them correctly and a body grip trap is just as versatile as a fenn both traps have their uses :thumbs:

Thanks for all your replies fellas. It has inspired me to give them a fair go, particularly looking through IanB's posts and pictures. I will have to locate some stabilisers for them , or failing that, knock a few up. Having seen the results of the rabbit trapping by Ian, I will certainly be giving the local bunnies some stick later in the year!!

i'v used the magnums on mink. just dig a blank hole stick a handfulla pigeons feathers in the back ''trap in front couple of guard sticks. catches mink for fun if set in the right place. quick and easy, there is a dvd [bODY GRIP BASIC'S] by glenn waters on the best way to use em.