dont see that it'd do any harm, after all is it really any different to the plastic kennels that pet stores sell?

as long as they are raised off the ground a few inches a barrel should be fine.

thats what i thought just didnt know if the be bit cold give it a go if the dog comes out with all its hair on end i guess its cold

They work well, use them in my kennels. Easy to keep clean, just hose and disenfect once a week, dogs love them especially when we had that extreme cold last year, i just packed good quality straw!!

No, never had any probs with condensation, though mine are cut in half, then mounted to 3x2 to lift off the floor.

They work well, use them in my kennels. Easy to keep clean, just hose and disenfect once a week, dogs love them especially when we had that extreme cold last year, i just packed good quality straw!!

No, never had any probs with condensation, though mine are cut in half, then mounted to 3x2 to lift off the floor.

Cut in half, I would call them beds not kennels and they do sweat. What way do you cut them in half?

i used one this year for a lurcher ,,just screwed a plank to bottom to stop it rolling nd one on front to hold beddng in...,, also so i could clean out the pen without it getting wet inside as they hold water,but as a quick nd easy kennel spot on,,,it was used to hold rain water before.. :icon_redface: i never noticed any condensation as the bedding was old news papers changed every weekend,,the papers where dry when removed,,ive since returned to a wooden one but only cos ive moved it inside shed :thumbs:

I tried them, holes drilled top and bottom (which means along the two opposite sides as the barrel was laid on its side off the ground on wooden props) No matter what I did they got damp and stayed damp inside. Maybe those in the US who use them get away with it if they are in very dry areas. Or maybe they need to be much bigger so air circulates better: who knows.