• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

had one myself only grew to about 10inches not my cup of tea. it entered, bayed, and was dug to still baying and noting in the hole :blink: put another terrier in to make sure and nothing. dont no much about this strain but would like to see them work.

Guest ceredigion bull cross
Guys, I don't normally right on hunting life but after readying all this about Mr Nuttall's terriers I find it only fair to comment. Mr Brian Nuttall is a very knowledgable man with regards to working terriers and at the age of 75 yrs is still working is terriers on a semi professional basis for a local hunt, along with myself, how many of you can say at 75yrs you will still be working terriers ?

Also you question the ability of Mr Nuttalls breading / terriers, let me tell you on 13th January 2007 "YES" this year we entered ratty a 11" bitch waying about 10 lbs, the earth looked small but on a large back. 11 hrs later and after digging 26 ft with the aid of a JCB we reached ratty and a large dog fox weighing in excess of 20 lbs. and you question the ability of this breading. . . . . . .. . . . .

well said "fofxhunting!" after all is not the size of a terriers HEART that counts more than a big bulk of body that can't fit in a tight earth that those vixens like ?????????

The bloke obviously didnt get the good name by breeding shite............all I will say is this........no matter what you do, once you have taken the 30 bits of silver, you have taken them!...and there is no going back.

Some will not loose a wink of sleep over it...........but some would, thank god ;)

Long after BN , me and everyone else has left this mortal coil will people still be talking about Nuttal's terriers and hopefully working them.

Incidently, i weighed my " Nuttal " bitch and measured her last night, puny runting little thing is 13" at the shoulder and is only 16 lb in weight.

Yet to tell a lie, yet to come away from her quarry and the kids dress it up and teach it tricks.

I don't know if she is new, old or middle aged Nuttal stuff but it works for me. Oh and before anyone says it don't look typical Nuttal, i know :D

Got to say though, this is getting to be a good thread, plenty of things folk have got to say, keep the comments coming :victory:

Nelson,

Looking at your bitch and knowing Mr Nuttall very well (digging within him every week) I would guess that your bitch is out of Buster which would make her only about 2 / 5 years old. I have a number of terriers all from the "Nuttall" line and won't have anything else. What people need to understand is that Mr Nuttall always sells his pups with a guarantee, if they don't work bring them back and he will give you your money back.

Guys give this man some respect, he is a true gentleman and a wealth of knowledge.

Nelson,

Looking at your bitch and knowing Mr Nuttall very well (digging within him every week) I would guess that your bitch is out of Buster which would make her only about 2 / 5 years old. I have a number of terriers all from the "Nuttall" line and won't have anything else. What people need to understand is that Mr Nuttall always sells his pups with a guarantee, if they don't work bring them back and he will give you your money back.

Guys give this man some respect, he is a true gentleman and a wealth of knowledge.

Foxhunting1, i have the utmost respect for Brian Nuttal, i have no point to prove and welcome all comments. My bitch is a little over 3 years now, the sire a typical Nuttal terrier and the bitch, rather like my bitch, both were from Mr Nuttals kennels, both to the bloke i got my bitch off with a gaurantee, my bitch i took with a gaurantee ( not that it was needed ). I am more than pleased with her, she has nothing to prove.

The bitch has brains and bottle.

Whatever and whoever Brian Nuttal breeds terriers for is of no concern to me, as i stated in a previous post he don't owe anyone an explanatiuon as to what he breeds. If folk don't like it don't buy it, simple.

I myself years back had a terrier out of a " hunt " and could not get on with the thing and passed it on,it worked fine but i didn't like its style. Do i find cause to comment on its breeding, no, i think i'm a little more grown up than that.

I suppose its easy to snipe at somebody who has a name, it must be a National obsession as we do it all the time. As for the detractors of a bloke who is a legend, not only in this country but across the globe i struggle to understand the mentallity.

Now if it was that clown Blair i'd fully understand, but Brian Nuttal...............................

Whatever and whoever Brian Nuttal breeds terriers for is of no concern to me, as i stated in a previous post he don't owe anyone an explanatiuon as to what he breeds. If folk don't like it don't buy it, simple.
I am afraid I will have to disagree with you there Nelson mate..........IMHO everybody who actually cares about these little dogs should MAKE it there business to be concerned......not just with famous names, but with anyone who breeds for money.........if your in it for the money, no matter who you are.......you deserve no mercy ;)

Any other way can only lead to the downward spiral IMHO.

Not a personal attack on you Nelson mate, so please dont take this post the wrong way ;)

Guys, I don't normally right on hunting life but after readying all this about Mr Nuttall's terriers I find it only fair to comment. Mr Brian Nuttall is a very knowledgable man with regards to working terriers and at the age of 75 yrs is still working is terriers on a semi professional basis for a local hunt, along with myself, how many of you can say at 75yrs you will still be working terriers ?

Also you question the ability of Mr Nuttalls breading / terriers, let me tell you on 13th January 2007 "YES" this year we entered ratty a 11" bitch waying about 10 lbs, the earth looked small but on a large back. 11 hrs later and after digging 26 ft with the aid of a JCB we reached ratty and a large dog fox weighing in excess of 20 lbs. and you question the ability of this breading. . . . . . .. . . . .

i back you up on that one ,as i spoke to him myself not long ago and spoke of the same dig it was under a big slab of limestone ,alot of his dogs are out on hunt service and all get work to a good standard and his dogs alone account for some foxs each year so why would he breed of shite ,i have a bitch that is nearly 2 and after starting her this year has done realy well and i am more than pleased with her ,my newest pup is 4 months and is as bold as they come and cant see there being any problems there either .the last dig was to a good dog fox that had bested 2 very good hard big terriers ,my black bitch was entered and she managed to push it about 10 ft back up the tube ,we broke through with her about a ft in front of it baying her heart out and mr fox had no where to go ,she will mix when she has to but is not to hard ,and if my other pup turns out like that ,i be happy ..my point is if we only had the bigger dogs that day then we would not have got that fox ,and the smaller dog took the prize .alot of my earths are small and full of roots ,i had big dogs and they just cant get there if they want to or not, so big is not always better ,a dog that can move about quickly is less likely to take to much damage or suffercate and do its job better ,i will keep you all up to date with there working abilities and if they fail i will be the first one to say ,i no the bitch is in here first season and that one season does not make a good ,only time tells that one and i,ll let you no how it pans out ,ive bought dogs off peaple who say this and that and ended up with a pile of shite so i think i,ll take my chances with mr nuttall ....imo

i don t profess to know brian well but i do know him and have always found him to be an honourable man and he has always said if the dogs doesnt work or is any trouble bring it back and that speaks volumes i also say this with any dog i ve bred. i dont run any BN dogs myself but a few of my mates run them and they work fine its every one to there own . but at least with Brian if it don t work out you swallow your pride and take it back so you have nothing to loose