Young ones already

We were out yesterday and bolted baby rabbits out of 4 different warrens in north Yorkshire, has anyone else had this yet. We have been getting pregnant ones for a few weeks but these are the first young ones we have seen and to see as many as we did I was shocked.

I know you normally get an odd litter all year round these days but to see the amount we did yesterday I was supprised.

It could mean lots of rabbits around this year though, although an end to the season for alot of you, we ferret all year round anyway but it makes life difficult when there are lots of young around.

It just looked wrong seeing tiny baby rabbits running over the snow!!

Edited by THE GRIFF

we have been digging nests full of young for the last 3 weeks and almost every doe is full of young ,we have also had a about half a dozen young rabbits that were about six/eight weeks old .i will be packing in for this season in the next few weeks ,and the only reason im carrying on is because im bringing a young lurcher as my permission has only just allowed me to take a dog on the land .its now just a pain digging at almost every set .