brother to sister breeding

I dont see the point breeding full brother to sister, unless a accident happens.

You got 100s dogs to choose a stud that suits you. so whats point risking the breeding and inbreeding so close?

If youve only a small gene pool,or you want to fix the best points of closely related stock,inbreeding is a valuable part of sustaining a good bloodline,only when you carry on inbreeding without the use of an outcross,do genetic problems surface.

Just look at the aristocracy :huh:

• Like 1

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

it never did joball any harm his mum and dad are still solid.

Wouldn't do it with pigeons mate, they end up coo coo.

NICE TO HEAR THAT EVERY THING TURNED OUT RIGHT ROXY WITH THE BREEDING ,ITS JUST THAT SOME PEOPLE FROWN UPON IT BUT THE WAY I LOOK AT IT IS IF U CAN KEEP THE BLOOD STRONG WITH THE 2 BEST DOGS OV THE SA

i think the use of inbreeding in dogs is a part of adding new genes to an existing gene pool, outbreeding to introduce new genes then inbreeding/line breeding to tighten the gene pool back up, this produceing a dog of sertain type but with sertin key atributes of another type. to do this effectivley you'll most likely need to keep the litters for some time to determin what pups are throwing out wat your looking for, and cull off any bad pups.

Inbreeding won't add new genes to the genepool it will top up with the same genes you already have , which in turn will hopfully double up or concentrate the traites or look you want to keep within your line . But as said can also double up on the bad traits and physical attributes you don't want

Guest alcapone

Brothers sister mateing is it ok or not? FIRST OF ALL YOU NEED TO LOOK HOW THE PARENTS ARE BRED!!! Are they line bred or inbred already? So many factors to consider,breeding is trial and error,should you know the line of dogs well enough you will know if you will get away with it. The pitbull men of yester year made plenty of bro/sis matings,the offspring usually being slower to start and the faults tended to show up far quicker than the positives,some dogs becoming manny as a result of serious inbreeding. In my opinion (and they are like arseholes!) a man would only really make a bro/sis mating should he desire it for future breeding reasons,i wouldnt mate them in the hope of just working atributes or just for the hell of it. Plenty of one line answers on here and no theory behind it or dare i say it "experience" of the mating themselves.

Inbreeding won't add new genes to the genepool it will top up with the same genes you already have , which in turn will hopfully double up or concentrate the traites or look you want to keep within your line . But as said can also double up on the bad traits and physical attributes you don't want

yeah mate defo agree, but my understanding is if you have a nice line but would like to add that little something else to it then you would outcross then back cross(inbreed) then back on to linebreeding once the blood is diluted enough.

if its not to add someting that you cant already find in a line then there is no point in my opinion because if its a trait your breed should have but doesnt then you would look for a suitble stud/bitch of the same breed that had this trait, no?

iv'e had the same staffs in my familly for years, and i'm getting interested in the rabbits, i'm thinking about takeing a line off my staffs with a good greyhound for the bunnys, obviousley ther would be better dogs for the purpose but these dogs have been in my familly a long time so i'd rather adapt wat i had than go onto something completely new,i'll still keep my staffs going, but thats just my take on the whole thing, personal opinion.

and if you go back generations then there were no rules just trial and error

Edited by gameover

yeah mate defo agree, but my understanding is if you have a nice line but would like to add that little something else to it then you would outcross then back cross(inbreed) then back on to linebreeding once the blood is diluted enough.

if its not to add someting that you cant already find in a line then there is no point in my opinion because if its a trait your breed should have but doesnt then you would look for a suitble stud/bitch of the same breed that had this trait, no?

iv'e had the same staffs in my familly for years, and i'm getting interested in the rabbits, i'm thinking about takeing a line off my staffs with a good greyhound for the bunnys, obviousley ther would be better dogs for the purpose but these dogs have been in my familly a long time so i'd rather adapt wat i had than go onto something completely new,i'll still keep my staffs going, but thats just my take on the whole thing, personal opinion.

and if you go back generations then there were no rules just trial and error

I havnt done a sib sib breeding as there was always closely bred relations about but for working dogs I bred a father daughter mating and one bitch out of the litter was very good the rest didn't make the grade mine included , very dull to the point of being retarded no natural hunting ability or catching ability but a very big

heart in a very small body .

I'm not saying this is normal but out of a litter of 8 one was very good the rest I wouldn't class as mediocre it's a big shame and a Long time finding out they were shite , but that's the chance you take

basicly i mean in my opinion i dont see why anyone would want to inbreed unless they were bringing genes from a diffrent breed into the genepool, this would involve the outbreeding to another breed then inbreed, say son back to mother then daughter back to uncle etc. to rain the genepool back in, because if they were wanting a trait in there dog that the breed should have then surely they could find a stud with close lines with the desired traits.

i think wat you done with your inbreeding is basicaly hit or miss, as a hardcore breeder would have culled off any dogs that didnt make the grade, only kept the best and contue breeding them untill you have got rid of the bad traits and the dogs start breeding true. its a long prosses, more than just a couple litters.

as i say mate this is just my understanding of it, i may be confused as you say.

basicly i mean in my opinion i dont see why anyone would want to inbreed unless they were bringing genes from a diffrent breed into the genepool, this would involve the outbreeding to another breed then inbreed, say son back to mother then daughter back to uncle etc. to rain the genepool back in, because if they were wanting a trait in there dog that the breed should have then surely they could find a stud with close lines with the desired traits.

i think wat you done with your inbreeding is basicaly hit or miss, as a hardcore breeder would have culled off any dogs that didnt make the grade, only kept the best and contue breeding them untill you have got rid of the bad traits and the dogs start breeding true. its a long prosses, more than just a couple litters.

as i say mate this is just my understanding of it, i may be confused as you say.

But your never going have a perfect dog mate! if you work dog hard enough for long enough you will always find a fault such as temperent, how much work can take ect ect.

If your breeding full bro and sis then surely you just magnafing the faults cause no running dog is perfect.

For example if I had bitch thats was good worker and good at job but was a bit timid in character I wouldnt breed it to a timid dog or full bro or faults would magnify in the pups.

I would be looking for something bit bold to line bitch try and improve character.

yeah mate its the op that wants to breed litter mates, personaly i wouldnt go about it this way, but i'm not in the op's position. i was just throwing up my views on inbreeding, i my self have only ever bred for lookes and temp as i'm just getting my self into the hunting game and havnt got much eperience working dogs, as i mentioned before i'm looking at bringing workers into the line i carry just now.

The line I tried was thought out not hit and miss but I said one made the grade that's dogs for you there 5year old and none have been bred out of and most have been culled , this takes time as if entered wrong it defeats the object and you could be culling a good dog ,

I have a bitch of the same line which is a half bro Sister mating and this bitch is a complete different kettle of fish I have various half bro sisters uncles and aunts and one grandparent so there are plenty ways I can go but the bitch I bred didn't work out as I said that's dogs

Gameover I'm not picking fault I maybe reading your post wrong but if you in breed or line breed you Are Not bringing in new genes your utilising the genes you already have and are happy with I think your confusing in breeding with outcrossing .

I can't understand what you mean but it maybe getting lost in translation

your just picking up what i'm saying wrong mate, maybe i'm not puting myself across to good. yes inbreeding is the breeding of familly members however the only time i feel you should need to inbreed is after you have outbred so as to consentrait the genes again otherwise you could continue line breeding. i do realise that inbreeding is also used to sort faults, hireditory illness, but im sure the rule of thumb is to breed father dughter, mother son etc.

if you had culled all your dogs that didnt make the grade and only bred from the dog that did then culled the next lot of shite and kept the best and so on and son untill your breeding your best to your best, you will get rid of most of the bad points and should hoefully start breeding true, as in get a bigger return of good dogs rather than 1 good dogs out a litter. thats why i referd to it as hit or miss because if you wanted to breed as true as possible then you would have to continue to breed the best and cull the shite untill the amount you were haveing to cull was redused and the amount of good dogs per litter goes up.