Pit Bulldogs

They r a cracking animal in the right hands a loaded gun in the wrong, what is the actual law on ownin a pitbull in this country now?

Think it's ok to have 1 if it's not aggressive, neutered / spade and muzzled when out in public. Suppose making it securely housed maybe in there too

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Firstly, i'd agree with Gnash wholehartedly on the virtues of this magnificent breed...   Would I own one... Absolutley not..!   I'm a lurcher owner and although my dogs carry this blood, I simply

Wouldnt buy one.....would own one in a heartbeat......why,because they are the greatest athlete in canine history........................simple. Wouldnt want to own one in this country though.....eve

It always peed me off, the ban that is. Any dog only behaves as it's owner makes it.

They r a cracking animal in the right hands a loaded gun in the wrong, what is the actual law on ownin a pitbull in this country now?

Think it's ok to have 1 if it's not aggressive, neutered / spade and muzzled when out in public. Suppose making it securely housed maybe in there too

I don't think it is bud, they're banned unless you have a exemption from the court, and if you do then the rules you're listed apply. If you don't have an exemption then they're banned regardless of what you do with them.

• Like 1

I like the look of them but for me they are a waste of space..

:blink: Thats like saying a Ferrari is a waste of space.......if you dont drive cars i suppose it is but it dont mean a ferrari is not a fantastic car.

The sporting game bred American Pit Bull Terrier in its purest form is for me possibly the greatest achievement man has ever accomplished within the animal world.

• Like 3

No pitbulldogs , no Bull X lurchers, unless you wanted to cross the second rate working stafford which in itself is as rare as rocking horse shite.

I dont like ferrets, but it dont make them a waste of space because i dont work or own them. They have their purpose.

:blink: Thats like saying a Ferrari is a waste of space....

A ferrari is a waste of space and so are all them other expensive sport's car's.. :yes: ..give me a old diesel estate all day long that can be used as a tool..

Edited by Millet

I love pit bulls!! i see loads of them around here as they aren't banned and tbh if the people i see walking them over here can control them i see no reason why we can't in England :( on Thursday we were working behind some apartments in the south end of the city in and a guy walked passed with a stunning little bitch pup. i stopped him and got talking and turns out the pup was only 4 1/2 months old but was so confident and energetic i was hooked on her!! he let her of and threw her toy in the forest and she was flying through cover to get it and bringing it back to his hand and sitting down till he took it of her! real nice type to a lovely sandy color with a dark red nose. i was tempted to offer him 300 there and then as he looked abit skint lol but i could see she was his pride and joy and she obviously looked up to him so i never! there's some good pit bulls being bred in Scandinava and i could go and get one tomorrow but i know in not going to live here for ever and could never bring it to england so i don't won't yo rear and bond with one just to leave it behind when i do come home. theres a line of genuine China-man bred dogs in Finland tho that might change my mind if i do stay here full time ;)

Firstly, i'd agree with Gnash wholehartedly on the virtues of this magnificent breed...

Would I own one... Absolutley not..!

I'm a lurcher owner and although my dogs carry this blood, I simply have no use for a dog of such pedigree. They are for others, far more qualified than me!

What has happend to this breed in this country is a travesty and all because of 'everybody wants one'..!

We can all admire but admire from a distance, I really beleive there are few who really should own a genuine one.

• Like 5