Digger went muff diving

Headed out last night with two mates, some new land that we came across while out fishing. First set of fields we came to produced two bunnies, then the fcuken moon shower its head and that was that with bunnies.

As we made our way deeper into the land we found tons of bunnies but due to the moon they were hugging the ditch. I am sure in two weeks time we will do them damage, but for now we will hope for a few really dark and cloudy nights. Next field we found a really dark spot under a huge tree and started to call for charlie, fcuk me he was like an arrow coming in :laugh: , I had a pup with me and was hoping that Digger and Jim would get him rolling on his first fox. After what seemed an age Digger took hold of charlie by the rear end, think he took hold of the tail end to be honest just as he was dropping into the ditch, we made it Linford Christie style across the filed only to find an earth with Digger stuck well into it, by the looks of his red beard he was muff diving. He must have grabbed charlie by the tail and took most of it off.

Our second run was as close if not closer, b*****d of a fox knew his land and took them in and out of every ditch on the land and still managed to hit a hole, again with Digger ending up with a mouth full of hair,, so that was two nil to the fox, but we found two earths along the way. The rest of the night was spent picking up the odd bunny and getting a feel for the land. Finished up at about 3.30 and made our way back to the jeep.

Think next time our approach will be different some what, I am sure we must have called both charlie from the earths on the night hence the easy escape for them, next time we will be calling from the top end of the field, well away from the earths, its always a learning curve when we are out, no two nights are ever the same and its always good to find the lay of the new land for future trips. :yes: :yes:

Great night out with two good hunting lads, plenty of banter and stories along the way. :laugh: