Saluki

I have had the Saluki breeding now for around 10 years and have to sing the praises of the dog for there great hunting ability and stamina as well as there strong feet and bones compounds to the perfect all round dog for hunting that ranges from ferreting to lamping and takeing fox day and night I couldnt believe my ears when a well known terrier breeder that the saluki dog ould only hunt by sight I am here to say that Mr Plummer got that wrong on everything my father was giveing a bitch some years ago by a good friend to pup we fell for the dogs ability to hunt up cover and mark burrows true and havent failed me on anything and I hope that men who dont have a saluki dog in there kennels to have one at some point I also think they are very smart around when at a dig my own dog has took foxes out of burrows at ease in the past and above ground he hits them hard from cover and must thank the man who gave us the oppurtunity to own the breeding that we now own and will own for the near future I must say Happy Hunting and this open to your comments thanks...

• Like 4

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have had the Saluki breeding now for around 10 years and have to sing the praises of the dog for there great hunting ability and stamina as well as there strong feet and bones compounds to the perfe

I dont think it,s shit.I agree with him 100%.I have had only a handfull of lurchers in my 40 yrs of keeping them.I have never parted with a dog once it was mine, so I havent had the amount of dogs tha

More like 14 years ago that I gave your dad that bitch Barryh11 and my judgement was spot on....your family gave her a great home till the end of her days. Most saluki types never get used for much el

I have had the Saluki breeding now for around 10 years and have to sing the praises of the dog for there great hunting ability and stamina as well as there strong feet and bones compounds to the perfect all round dog for hunting that ranges from ferreting to lamping and takeing fox day and night I couldnt believe my ears when a well known terrier breeder that the saluki dog ould only hunt by sight I am here to say that Mr Plummer got that wrong on everything my father was giveing a bitch some years ago by a good friend to pup we fell for the dogs ability to hunt up cover and mark burrows true and havent failed me on anything and I hope that men who dont have a saluki dog in there kennels to have one at some point I also think they are very smart around when at a dig my own dog has took foxes out of burrows at ease in the past and above ground he hits them hard from cover and must thank the man who gave us the oppurtunity to own the breeding that we now own and will own for the near future I must say Happy Hunting and this open to your comments thanks...

More like 14 years ago that I gave your dad that bitch Barryh11 and my judgement was spot on....your family gave her a great home till the end of her days. Most saluki types never get used for much else but coursing but what you and your dad have done with her offspring just proves the versatility of the type. It just needs patience and some time spent getting mucky. You'll remember that little bitch in my avitar. She spent some time down with you when you were a schoolboy and you sent her back in great order.

Hope to get down Saturday with the weasels :thumbs:

• Like 3

once you put the time and effort into the pup if it be a lurcher or saluki or a greyhound it will do all you want it to do. the mother of my young bitch was a working greyhound and it was used for lamping and day work and had no problem at working a hole aswell . only ever had one lurcher that would not work a hole. she was live to hand with bunnys and taken fox single at night so in the end was given to a mate who wanted her for bunnys

I stand corrected Bolio1 and I enjoyed every moment of haveing her and she has left me as a school boy with fond memories of her lamping and ferreting I even think dad mite have slipped away to shed a tear although we were her before she passed I remember walking into the front room and she lifted her head up and wagged the tail one last time and within half an hour or so she was gone but but back when I got her when I was at school which is along time ago now mind I walked her out and hunted around for hours the first I took her out lamping I had trouble carrying the rabbits home a good back full and both hands fond memories of the old lass..

• Like 3

only my opinion but all big lurchers should have a dash of saluki in them!! i think they make the best all rounders for all the reasons you have given!

Why do people make statements like this shit

I dont think it,s shit.I agree with him 100%.I have had only a handfull of lurchers in my 40 yrs of keeping them.I have never parted with a dog once it was mine, so I havent had the amount of dogs that some have ,who get rid of or swap dogs every couple of weeks.But in my limited experience ( I have had collie,deerhound and suluki crosses) the suluki crosses were in a different league from the rest.I am just giving my honest opinion on the dogs which I have had and the ones that my friends have.I realy do rate the suluki.I dont think the pure suluki would do well up where we live (north east Scotland,smallish fields} but the suluki crosses realy do outclass any other crosses that I have seen.
  • Like 4

only my opinion but all big lurchers should have a dash of saluki in them!! i think they make the best all rounders for all the reasons you have given!

Why do people make statements like this shit

that what i think!! good to see you make such a good case to why its sh"t!!!! i mean its like me calling you dopey davey! but the difference is i can use your Quote to prove it!! where as you offer nothing!!

That was the trouble with plummer with him being a school teacher a lot took his word as gospel [bANNED TEXT] in fact a lot wat he wrote about lurchers was at times a million miles a way from the truth.
  • Like 3