fao of tomo, poachers pocket, frankel, ginny spinner,

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

To be honest it's a piss poor turnout when it seems like folk are trying to undermine the achievements of those dogs who do and have taken big hauls of rabbits in the dales. Lads who will and do run

Are you really that naive that you think rabbits just run at full speed into a stone wall and bounce?   If the grass is short, grazed down by sheep the rabbits are fast even in a stone wall fields.

well there isn't any rabbits with in that distance... come try it Jim and find out for yourself... I have no reason to lie have i??   you should maybe get down from you pedestal jim and listen to wh

that was a fluke mate, one of them nights.. or just the bitch is that quick :tongue2:

come up and give it a go jim, if you see 5 i will give you a gold medal lol

seriously i ain't gana lie about it.. if i could get double figures around me i would do it more often and keep the dogs sharp

Edited by frankel

i do agree with a 2'8 and a few others , in genral the rabbits off the tops are bigger, and like giro said down in the bottoms, can be more normal size....

as for speed of the bunnys thats a tricky one,, and theres no way for 2.8 to prove either way, weather there faster or slower.

but.......................like wilf rightly comented its the terrian,,,, my opinion is if you took a "DALE" rabbit lol :D ,, and put it on some lowland fast RUNNNING GROUND, i dowt weather there would be much difrence in speed,, and vice versa,, the tuffty long grass does slow bunnys down..............but thats the same on any land anywhere.

i also agree with jim, 2.8 and a few others , that apart from golf courses , flat winter wheat with thin hedges is some of the hardest land to catch on ,,,, but as said above, if you put a "DALE" rabbit there i think it would run as fast.

as for my part of the dales,, we have a lot of farms in the bottoms,, where i asure you they are faster, but of course there are far more than other parts of the uk,,,, so if you miss a rabbit, theres always more..............in fact when we first did the ton with Tara and ginny,, they were all from the bottoms.

i better sign off to re read the first post i forgot the original question :laugh:

• Like 3

Been looking at these minshaw threads and the dale threads with great interest. This thread may or may not apply to tomo as the dogs I've seen of yours have all appeared racey. The question I have is how do the 'collie curs' as they're commonly referred cope on small fields with no real hedges? Have they been on this type of land? But then again how do they cope on land that is large flat fields divided by dykes and everything in between the 2. The reason I ask is I'm interested in these types of dog (heavily collie blooded) and the land I run has no set type but varies as I said from almost fens to small fields that are purely seperated by the like of hazel stands which means the dog is unable to bounce bunnies.

yep it dont realy aply to me,, all 3 of my dogs are quik,, although one is retired ....

i do agree with a 2'8 and a few others , in genral the rabbits off the tops are bigger, and like giro said down in the bottoms, can be more normal size....

as for speed of the bunnys thats a tricky one,, and theres no way for 2.8 to prove either way, weather there faster or slower.

but.......................like wilf rightly comented its the terrian,,,, my opinion is if you took a "DALE" rabbit lol :D ,, and put it on some lowland fast RUNNNING GROUND, i dowt weather there would be much difrence in speed,, and vice versa,, the tuffty long grass does slow bunnys down..............but thats the same on any land anywhere.

i also agree with jim, 2.8 and a few others , that apart from golf courses , flat winter wheat with thin hedges is some of the hardest land to catch on ,,,, but as said above, if you put a "DALE" rabbit there i think it would run as fast.

as for my part of the dales,, we have a lot of farms in the bottoms,, where i asure you they are faster, but of course there are far more than other parts of the uk,,,, so if you miss a rabbit, theres always more..............in fact when we first did the ton with Tara and ginny,, they were all from the bottoms.

i better sign off to re read the first post i forgot the original question :laugh:

The above is the most sensible reply on this topic!!!!

123456 its a forum you asked a question people are going to give there opinions regardless if your interested or not!

You give yours often enough regardless if people want to hear it.

Edited by Josy
  • Like 1

it was only last week i was runnin g on heavy winter wheat fileds no hedges lamp doesnt touch the ends and he done ok,ive never lamped a field yet with brick walls aoround it and also ive caught them on the air fields at silloth no easy task,jim i would love to see yo come local to us and get double figures you would be the only man to achieve this

it was only last week i was runnin g on heavy winter wheat fileds no hedges lamp doesnt touch the ends and he done ok,ive never lamped a field yet with brick walls aoround it and also ive caught them on the air fields at silloth no easy task,jim i would love to see yo come local to us and get double figures you would be the only man to achieve this

same here all the land is either heavily grazed pasture or winter wheat, so all rabbits are golf course speed, quite a few lad have been here over the years and nobody me included as ever reached double figures. the terrain just does not allow it.

millet you muppet read my post i said id bet you the RABBITS would be slower and bigger, WILF, millet has a problem with me saying dales rabbits are slower, this is fact nothing to do with land walls dykes hedges if you've done what you say, you would know, i can assure you my local rabbits are faster than the dales ones i was born into the game and at 35 still 100% at it, i dont talk shit and i am more than willing to prove this, its up to you take me up we will get a independent witness then you can eat your words, INFACT ANYONE WHO WANTS TO BE THE INDEPENDENT PERSON JUST SAY i carnt do fairer than that boys

why are you getting all hot and bothered in the above post :blink: ,, its just your opinion,,, weather you wright the word "fact" after a sentance or not.... theres no way you can prove weather a rabbit is slower,,, because you cant then put the same rabbit on short fast ground..................you say its not the terrain , i disagree, the harder and shorter the grass, the faster that animal will be. this is the same with most animals , including humans,,, of course us humans difer hugly in speed individualy,,, i should know :icon_redface:

• Like 4

iff andy come on with a statement like iff i add a dog what cud get a double fig,,25 mile from his house he wud be a millionhare,, then his lad comes on at 11,or 12 year gets 6 10mins from the home he lives,,,,thats the point has was making,, HAS FOR COME UP THERE I PM ANDY A KIND OFFER TO COME TO NORFOLK ,AND NEVER GOT A REPLY,, AND THEN PHONED HIS LAD, AND HE SAID ME DADS UP FOR OWT,,, THEN 1 PM TO G SPINNER,,, AND THEN SAID NO WE ARE NOT COMING,NOW,,,

millet you muppet read my post i said id bet you the RABBITS would be slower and bigger, WILF, millet has a problem with me saying dales rabbits are slower, this is fact nothing to do with land walls dykes hedges if you've done what you say, you would know, i can assure you my local rabbits are faster than the dales ones i was born into the game and at 35 still 100% at it, i dont talk shit and i am more than willing to prove this, its up to you take me up we will get a independent witness then you can eat your words, INFACT ANYONE WHO WANTS TO BE THE INDEPENDENT PERSON JUST SAY i carnt do fairer than that boys

why are you getting all hot and bothered in the above post :blink: ,, its just your opinion,,, weather you wright the word "fact" after a sentance or not.... theres no way you can prove weather a rabbit is slower,,, because you cant then put the same rabbit on short fast ground..................you say its not the terrain , i disagree, the harder and shorter the grass, the faster that animal will be. this is the same with most animals , including humans,,, of course us humans difer hugly in speed individualy,,, i should know :icon_redface:

i AGREE TOMO LAND TIME OF YR HAS A BEARING ON HOW EASY THE RABBS , ARE REMOVE RABBS TO LOWLANDS AND THEY WILL SOON ACCUSTOMED TO THEIE HABITAT, ATB BUNNYS.