fao of tomo, poachers pocket, frankel, ginny spinner,

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

To be honest it's a piss poor turnout when it seems like folk are trying to undermine the achievements of those dogs who do and have taken big hauls of rabbits in the dales. Lads who will and do run

Are you really that naive that you think rabbits just run at full speed into a stone wall and bounce?   If the grass is short, grazed down by sheep the rabbits are fast even in a stone wall fields.

well there isn't any rabbits with in that distance... come try it Jim and find out for yourself... I have no reason to lie have i??   you should maybe get down from you pedestal jim and listen to wh

Been looking at these minshaw threads and the dale threads with great interest. This thread may or may not apply to tomo as the dogs I've seen of yours have all appeared racey. The question I have is how do the 'collie curs' as they're commonly referred cope on small fields with no real hedges? Have they been on this type of land? But then again how do they cope on land that is large flat fields divided by dykes and everything in between the 2. The reason I ask is I'm interested in these types of dog (heavily collie blooded) and the land I run has no set type but varies as I said from almost fens to small fields that are purely seperated by the like of hazel stands which means the dog is unable to bounce bunnies.

Are you really that naive that you think rabbits just run at full speed into a stone wall and bounce?

If the grass is short, grazed down by sheep the rabbits are fast even in a stone wall fields. Granted they do sometimes run up and down the wall looking for there escape hole but that is at full speed and the dog needs a decent strike to save itself some work or missing.

The easiest rabbits are in fields with a bit of length regardless of where they live or if there is a stone wall around the field or not!!!!!

• Like 6

well there isn't any rabbits with in that distance... come try it Jim and find out for yourself... I have no reason to lie have i??

you should maybe get down from you pedestal jim and listen to what others say, it doesn't matter if i am younger or not.. i have been going with my dad since i was a boy getting big numbers.. i had my own dog when i was in secondry school.. she got 20 hares in a night on two occasions, and on one of those some well known coursing lads came for a night and i was offered big bucks for her when they came and watched her when i was just 14 year old... 7 hares in a field with Jack, 101 rabbits in a night... Not bad for a lad

Edited by frankel
  • Like 4

DID I READ THAT RIGHT this his with 1 dog,,, because yer dad said he only done the 100 once that was with tomo,,2 dogs,, WERE ARE YOU NOW THE WINTER HAS ONLY JUST COME KID,,

been out killing Jim, just don't post any more all i get is slated and so does my dogs... been doing plenty early mornings before work and doing white arses in the day...

my mate borrowed don today and took a white arse & i am off out tomorrow with the terriers.. this is were i have been Jim

DID I READ THAT RIGHT this his with 1 dog,,, because yer dad said he only done the 100 once that was with tomo,,2 dogs,, WERE ARE YOU NOW THE WINTER HAS ONLY JUST COME KID,,

Jim you really do come across as a self centered, jealous and resentful man. Regardless of what you think there are other prople who get out and catch rabbits, its not rocket science otherwise you would not be doing it :laugh:

• Like 4

there is no dout about it, that rabbits live in areas that have dry stone walls round them are 100% eaiser . Ive took Bryn my 1x collie to lot of diffent places, and he as always caught rabbits in above places eaiser. because sit tight longer with the terrain, so the dog can strike quicker and even if they miss the catcn on the walls and thats it in (nut shell) :yes: . Now as jim said round by him and by me, differnt ball as as lamp hits the rabbit they are feckin gone like a rocket up there arse :yes: . Ive had good bags ( 20-30) quite few times with Bryn, even when i went to whins, they dont hang about . But by me if you get dozen then you done Brill, last couple times being getting 7-8 , even Tod got 3 :laugh: .Any rabbit is a bonus, but some places are really more eaiser than others fact :yes:

PEOPLE WILL NOT ADMIT IT RAY,,56 WITH ME PUP UP THE DALES HES NO WOUNDER PUP,,,THE FACKIN THINKS ARE EASY UP THERE THERE NITE YOU MAY ONLY MISS 2/4 OUT OF 50 RUN,S,,,THE DIFFRENTS HIS A MAN ENOUGH TO SAY IT,,,

JOE OX GO BACK AND GET YOUR FAT BULL X OUT , THEY NEED TO GET SOME FAT OF THEM,, IVE JUST OPENLY SAID ME PUP HAS ADD 56 OUT OF PROBLEY, 65 RUNS, ON THE DALES,, AND NOT FAR FROM ,,HE NO WOUNDER DOG,,,IFF I WAS JELOUSE,, WUD I PUT STATEMENTS LIKE THAT,,NOT JUST THAT,,,I CATCH MORE THAN MOST PEOPLE ANY WAY,,

Id just like to say sorry to the guy who started this thread, all i did was put up a reply to your post, sorry it got hi jaked buy my dales rabbit talk, i was suprised to see it still in full swing when i logged on just now, hope you get the answers you want from the guys you wanted them off