fao of tomo, poachers pocket, frankel, ginny spinner,

Been looking at these minshaw threads and the dale threads with great interest. This thread may or may not apply to tomo as the dogs I've seen of yours have all appeared racey. The question I have is how do the 'collie curs' as they're commonly referred cope on small fields with no real hedges? Have they been on this type of land? But then again how do they cope on land that is large flat fields divided by dykes and everything in between the 2. The reason I ask is I'm interested in these types of dog (heavily collie blooded) and the land I run has no set type but varies as I said from almost fens to small fields that are purely seperated by the like of hazel stands which means the dog is unable to bounce bunnies.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

To be honest it's a piss poor turnout when it seems like folk are trying to undermine the achievements of those dogs who do and have taken big hauls of rabbits in the dales. Lads who will and do run

Are you really that naive that you think rabbits just run at full speed into a stone wall and bounce?   If the grass is short, grazed down by sheep the rabbits are fast even in a stone wall fields.

well there isn't any rabbits with in that distance... come try it Jim and find out for yourself... I have no reason to lie have i??   you should maybe get down from you pedestal jim and listen to wh

I carnt comment for the above but i can comment on the dales and collie xs, a good collie x will catch any were on any land as for the dales just because they might have stone walls round some fields doesnt mean they bounce off walls the dales rabbit may be larger and slower but most know were there going and hit home at top speed or go over them, im no minshaw expert but im sure the origanal stuff was not famed for collie blood but if im wrong im sure ill be corrected

the dales rabbit may be larger and slower

How the fook do you work that out.. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: ..i have caught bunnie's from northumberland down to the norfolk area over all type's of land and the bunnies are exactly the same.. :yes: ..maybe bigger and fatter toward the end of the season but the same goes for where ever else in the country.

• Like 1

I carnt comment for the above but i can comment on the dales and collie xs, a good collie x will catch any were on any land as for the dales just because they might have stone walls round some fields doesnt mean they bounce off walls the dales rabbit may be larger and slower but most know were there going and hit home at top speed or go over them, im no minshaw expert but im sure the origanal stuff was not famed for collie blood but if im wrong im sure ill be corrected

i didnt think that the dale rabbits were any larger than the rabbits in my area.

How the fook do you work that out.. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: ..i have caught bunnie's from northumberland down to the norfolk area over all type's of land and the bunnies are exactly the same.. :yes: ..maybe bigger and fatter toward the end of the season but the same goes for where ever else in the country.

not here there black :laugh:

WERE IT BE MINSHAW OR ANY OTHER X, THE FLAT WINTER CORN, HEDGE ROWS SORT THE MEN FROM THE BOYS OUT, IVE ALLWAYS SAID IFF MY DOGS CATCH IN THE DOUBLE FIG,S ,,IN THE MIDLANDS,, THE WILL CATCH ANY WHERE,, AT XMAS, I GAVE MY PUP ITS HARDEST NITE SO FAR IN ITS LIFE,, A GREAT NUM OF 17,, BUT THE HARDEST 17 IN ITS LIFE SO FAR,,THE DOGS FEET, WAS THE SIZE OF TENNIS BALLS, HEAVEY GOING,,BUT HE DONE IT,,,

• Like 3

Well there will be lot's of folk who have FAR more experience of "bouncing" Dale bunnies off walls than myself as i've only been hunting there for the past three seasons,1st lurcher x collie i had was running and killing gear in the mid 80's and each dog i've had since then have been descendants of him and without EVER venturing into Yorkshire they ALL could kill gear without the need for a bunny bouncing off a wall lol. ATB Andy. :thumbs:

I WILL STAND BY PART OF THAT, THE RABBITS UP THE DALES, YES THERE BIGISH, THERE JACKETS ARE TOO BIG FOR THEM, THE MEAT ON THEM ARE NOT MUSCLED UP,,, THE BUTCHER WERE WERE I TAKE 2,000 OR MORE RABB,S ASEASON, CAN TELL STRAIT AWAY WERE THE RABBS ARE DALE RABB.S OR NOT,,,IFF I BOLT A RABBIT IN DAY TIME LOCAL TO ME ,,IT GO,S LIKE JOE.FACK,, UP THE DALES THEY JUST DONT GET INTO FULL SPEED,,,,THATS A FACT,,
  • Like 1