Another rip off vet

Your quite right mate, its bollox, total and utter bollox, black and tans are more succeptible to parvo!!, Wait till Skycat sees that statement, she's better qualified than me on such subjects, but i have a feeling she will agree, bollocks might not be the word she'll use being a lady and all that, but it'll be along the same lines i suspect.

:laugh: money grabers thats all the local vets are find a good gh vet or at least one what noes what they are on with not just to line there pockets i have 2 vets one fore meds and things of that nature and other is ops if need be i did have 3 vets i went to but the 3rd one has sold up and he was beter than the other 2 by a long shot as he was specialized in gh

I think if it is true mate, and i very much think it is, then you perhaps should name the practice, not in a slanderous manner ( to avoid any solicitors letters) but merely as information to the thl members (you can think someone is a robbing b*****d, but you cant call them it, unless you just tell them "I think your a robbing b*****d",, as opposed to " You are a robbing b*****d", that way you should be in the clear.lol)

Much as I hate vets. I do know that rottys an dobermen are prown to parvo. That as much as I know. Your right though. Its a get rich quick trade with no morals these days. My mate got his bill the other day. Told em he only wanted his dog mended but didn't want to buy The f*****g place.id say your mate has been robbed. They. Along with the rspca go to far. There is a cure for parvo in the states called parvoied. British vets won't import it as they won't be able to charge you for haveing an infected dog in on a drip for days as the parvoid cures faster. Dirty c**ts mate is what they are.

Edited by hedge mumper

with jabs 1st 8 weeks old, if under that waste of time as the immune system (dont) work till then then go back in 3 weeks for a repeat of the 1st jab. It cost me 38£ quid, which i dont think bad, and i do my dogs every year small price to pay, if it keeps your dogs alive . :thumbs:

• Like 1

It isn't that Rotties are prone to parvo but the mother's immunity that is passed th the pups can last longer than other breeds, so if they are vaccinated before it wears off they are left unprotected. We always give ours another parvo jab, touch wood it's always worked but I have heard of cases of dogs getting parvo that had been vaccinated young.

Well, I'll be b***! Learn something new every day! Before I did the research, yes, on good old Google, I'd have said Bollocks to that idea, but have a look at this link: you'll need to scroll down a bit. I shall also ask my vet if they agree with the black and tan thing. Very strange, but I guess, no stranger than other colours being linked to certain failures in immune systems or being prone to certain diseases:

http://www.pet-informed-veterinary-advice-online.com/vaccination-failure.html

and as an example of coat colour problems:

http://www.upei.ca/~cidd/Diseases/dermatology/colour%20dilution%20alopecia.htm

Well, that just goes to show I'm never to old to learn !! LOL !! Reading that, it seems as if some black & tan breed pups keep their mothers immunity longer than other breeds, so should be vacinated later, if I'm reading the article correctly.

Cheers.

a decent vet is hard to come by, ive had a few run ins with my vets....pure money makers who employ graduates and dont supervise them properly as i found out to my disgust, but i didnt know any better. i thought a vet is a vet is a vet. how wrong was i?

my current vet is good as gold, explains everything clearly and knows running dogs back to front. even if he does look like he has slept in a bush all night.lol

matt