Pets to worker what u think

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

am the same, i believe that although genetics will always have a part to play, its the dog and its owner which will determine if it makes the cut or not

Its hard enough trying to get a decent worker, Never mind takeing the CHANCE on a pup out of a litter of none workers IMHO youd be better holding off and finding a pup out of a litter thats off worker

Spot on mate, You pay your money you take your chance, worker to worker or from pot lickers enter both the same, show them both the same, and IMO you have as much chance with one as you do the other

Was thinking about getting a new puppy dam is collie/greyhound sire whippet but they are not workers do u think the pup could make a good worker

you got as much chance as a hancock pup and there from none workers, and they sell well.? If i was you try and get a pup from proven workers if you can,then your in with a fighting chance. :thumbs:

• Like 1

Its hard enough trying to get a decent worker, Never mind takeing the CHANCE on a pup out of a litter of none workers IMHO youd be better holding off and finding a pup out of a litter thats off workerxworker that way % (In theroy) are more in your favour of getting a decent worker BUT thats JMO

• Like 2

the best working dog to have lived around my area was a pet to begin with. nobody was sure how old he was when he started work he could have been 2 years old. imo some pets have the potential to be good or great working dogs.

getting a pup from worker to worker does improve your chances. but i dont see any reason why a pup from none working parents wouldnt turn out o.k. there are people out there that dont work lurchers but do buy and keep dogs from well bred lines.

its a risk everytime you buy.

• Like 1

I believe worker to worker gives you a better chance, but dogs are as individual as people so even in working litters you will get dogs which are absolute retards, and in pet bred litters sometimes you can get some outstanding dogs, you pays your money and takes your chance. Dont forget even if your chosen pup is pet bred you probably wont have to go back very far to working ancestors. atb nasher

Edited by nasher1
  • Like 1

Dogs have all got the same tools be it a pet or a worker, it just that some have got a better understanding about them and more will to use them. IMO you stand a better chance getting a switched on pup bred from parents who are doing the job but there's no certainties with dogs either way. :no::thumbs:

Dogs have all got the same tools be it a pet or a worker, it just that some have got a better understanding about them and more will to use them. IMO you stand a better chance getting a switched on pup bred from parents who are doing the job but there's no certainties with dogs either way. :no::thumbs:

Spot on mate, You pay your money you take your chance, worker to worker or from pot lickers enter both the same, show them both the same, and IMO you have as much chance with one as you do the other ;)

• Like 2
Guest born to run1083

Totally agree

Dont agree at all with some of the stuff poeple are saying on here, its that mentality that has seen the decline and in some breeds the ruin of numerous working breeds. NEVER EVER breed off non proven dogs. There are loads of pups available from workers so get a yourself a pup from proven parents.

Dont agree at all with some of the stuff poeple are saying on here, its that mentality that has seen the decline and in some breeds the ruin of numerous working breeds. NEVER EVER breed off non proven dogs. There are loads of pups available from workers so get a yourself a pup from proven parents.

spot on, we all know that even in a litter of proven parents, you will get some pups that wont be as good as there parents it nature.But the others you got good chance, and prob the none workers will end up sooner or later pet dogs.Any type lurcher will catch a rabbit, its if you want that bit more out of your dog. Dont forget its the same price to feed a good'un and not so good'un, i know what i prefer to feed proven workers :yes:

• Like 1