A very worthwhile mission. . .

Just in case anyoneisshort on something to have a dig about. . . we now have in our mooching team.

- A Minshaw.

- A Hancock blooded dog.

- A Whippet.

- A Bull x.

So we just need to start hanging out with Mister Brick and we will tick all the boxes :laugh:

P.S - All this stuff about Dons age. You can measure a dogs 'experiance' in years or game on the deck, and there are plenty of 5/6 year old dogs that have not seen or taken what he has.

I look forward to meeting all concerend again, and picking up another pup at some point in the future :thumbs:

with the breeding of these pups , they should do very well no prob. But from what was said i think regards the age think, these is some sence in what was said. Because some dogs do really well when young say 2-3 seasons, then some can just not shine as good the next seasons. Not saying it will be the case here , but it can+does happen, thats why a older sire or dam can be better either with good feet after 5-6 years, or still a full on temp,as some dogs can not give 100% as they get older.!!

Just in case anyoneisshort on something to have a dig about. . . we now have in our mooching team.

- A Minshaw.

- A Hancock blooded dog.

- A Whippet.

- A Bull x.

So we just need to start hanging out with Mister Brick and we will tick all the boxes :laugh:

P.S - All this stuff about Dons age. You can measure a dogs 'experiance' in years or game on the deck, and there are plenty of 5/6 year old dogs that have not seen or taken what he has.

I look forward to meeting all concerend again, and picking up another pup at some point in the future :thumbs:

with the breeding of these pups , they should do very well no prob. But from what was said i think regards the age think, these is some sence in what was said. Because some dogs do really well when young say 2-3 seasons, then some can just not shine as good the next seasons. Not saying it will be the case here , but it can+does happen, thats why a older sire or dam can be better either with good feet after 5-6 years, or still a full on temp,as some dogs can not give 100% as they get older.!!

Now, just to clarify my point that my posts weren't aimed at the breeders I'd say this, there will be dogs out there at 5/6 that will not be the seasoned campaigners some younger dogs will be, they won't have been pushed as hard or been exposed to the quarry or level of work of some younger dogs, so age isn't the issue, dogs don't suddenly qualify to stud just because they reach a certain age.. On the subject of spewing when older, well the harder a dog is worked younger compared to a dog older but worked lighter the chances of spewing/ refusing are increased as the workload and not age is the main reason for failing and one mans well tested hard worker is another mans hobby hunter. Myself if I seen a dog that impressed me at a young age, I was happy with what it was doing I'd use it at stud.

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am going out with the dogs for the morning.. No doubt now that the word minshaw has been said on here along with don in the same sentance the band wagon full of idiots will be on ruining a thread ye

Who's the tree hugging hippy with the pup :laugh:

strong looking pup and out of that breeding you just know. if its in the parents its in the pups its up to you to bring it out which im sure will be no problem ,an old contributer to the countrymans

Posted Images

Tomo i think Robin would be more appropriate.. :D

She's a bitch so they'll never be in the "name hat" :D

A few pics I'll try get some better ones up later. Just to add the pups settled in well she was quiet all night. She's eating well and apart from a little spat with the old bitch she's mixing well, all in all a very confident pup.

S1030073-1.jpg

nice pup that johnny. and i bet you will be glad you took the time out to travel for what i can gather a well bred pup. atb trigger2

Cheers Trig, yes mate hopefully she'll make me proud. :thumbs:

Thanks Ray...oh for sure they all don't make the grade matey..i've had my "duffers" lol and their siblings have been top drawer :wallbash: ...no guarantees or certainties in this game but i am as confident as can be with proper handling and the correct workload this dog will be still going strong for a while yet lol..i agree with you Mackay on your spewing/refusing points of view...another reason i don't put the gun to the head of my dogs when it comes to workload until i see fit...can't see the point of entering a dog too young..i've done it in my youth but learned the hard way..now a little older well alot older and wiser i hope i've learned from my errand ways? My dogs will NEVER be hobby hunters as you call them well not as long as i'm able to get out with them anyways...i rum em hard and then some..always have and always will :ninja: Even this past week and them not being at graft they;ve accounted for over 50 miles walking and running behind the bike..they'll be getting a break sometime soon though as the season is all but over for us now .ATB Andy. :thumbs:

• Like 1

Nice pup there jhonny hope does you proud, these should be handy pot fillers, certainly showing good sighns of confidence in mine shes got a evil streak to her latley, hopefully see them all run in the comeing seasons atb mw-89

Cheers mate, look forward to seeing all the pups run at some stage.

My pup is full of confidence but not pushy with it. :thumbs:

Out of all of the minshaw dogs i have seen, i like the look of the 'ugly' collie curs the most, these two are a good example, although neither are ugly in my eyes, they look thick set and strong boned, but powerful rather than heavy, with good thick necks and strong feet. I saw don in the flesh and was surprised to find him racy as well as tough, and have seen him jumping 5 bar gates, so you can tell he has the typical collie / lurcher agility. I was also impressed by the jacket on the pup, for a young un it had a really good thick coat on her. As johnny mentioned earlier, both the dam and sire, and the old bulpha dog, all look like they were designed and built for the kind of land we have down this end, especially in his neck of the woods, and the pup should in theory be the right tool for the jobs required of it. Not just a dale dog :laugh::thumbs:

• Like 2