Hidden Mole Traps

been asked by a friend to remove some moles from his land but the area is extensively used by dog walkers.

is there any traps on the market that are hidden from view I normally use the classic scissor type but i no they will get destroyed in this spot(lots of hippies).

he reckons covering them but I no this will just draw attention to them.

The other idea is to trap the wood above as they drop into the field but this isn't his land so not really a good idea.

Any help welcomed

Thanks Ian

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

£6.36 + vat + £8 carrage thats for the trapline

Trapline,Yes mate they do they go up the run either way set in two's very easy to use and very affective, I use em in public areas , ie close to paths, Another good one is the nomoll trap put em in and make a small map so you can refind em and cover em right up,

I've never seen these before work the same way but are sprung on the traps steel work without a spring.

and the way round the single entry problem is to set two back to back great idea.

last question UK suppliers for these style of traps is there any or is it going to be a us order only,

You could use talpex traps, dig them in and then cover to disguise as a molehill, the benefit with these little traps is they work well and the covering over wont imepede the powerfull spring.

I would however only put a couple in at a time, you know the saying " all eggs and basket etc etc", because at around six and a half quid a pop if you cant find them cheaper, could soon cause teary eyes!!

You need to go to protrapper.co.uk there are other people, but I am at work at moment so unable to find there names,you can buy em from steve via eBay. he does occasionally contribute on here,he would be the one to ask who the British importers are,

You need to go to protrapper.co.uk there are other people, but I am at work at moment so unable to find there names,you can buy em from steve via eBay. he does occasionally contribute on here,he would be the one to ask who the British importers are,

Killgerm

Oh dave dave dave!! :no: There seems to be some magic compulsion with the public, that when they see something poking out of the ground ie the spring arm of a duffus they just cant help themselves and have to pick it up, put it in thier pocket, take it home and perhaps do rude things to themselves with it :blink:

Why folk cant just leave the feck alone i will never know.

Too much soil on top of a half barrel trap will slow the action of the trap and increase the chances of a miss catch or an inhumane kill

Trapline or talpex are the favourates

Killgerm

Yes Killgerm they're based at Ossett, Wakefield. They're a pest control company, don't know if they sell to joe public but maybe able to help on where to get them from.