I finaly got one!!!

For what seemed like ages i was trying to persuade my parents to let me get a terrier for ratting, as usual the answer was no. This weekend i had just about given hope of me getting one, but then out of the blue one off my dads mates text him saying if we knew of anyone who would like a dog pup, straight away dad asked for a picture and then after the exciting ting ting of dads phone we opened it to see the most lovely pup so then we said we'd have and everything is history! He is a 3/4 jack russel and 1/4 norfolk terrier will post pics soon. Any tips on training him as i'd like to get him to be the best ratter ever! :D

• Like 3

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well done u seem over the moon. I remember getting my first dog a first cross collie greyhound I hid it in the back sheds because my parents wouldn't let me have dogs, I was only 11. First night I tho

Go for it pig boy, I remember my first ever dog, a jr terrier, as I expect do all the boys on here ( and girls sorry ), i bet it takes us all back a while, all the hours spent out with your first dog

I had been around dogs since birth as my father and uncles were all hunters BUT when my father called me down the run and told me to pic a pup for myself I was the happiest kid ever. Me and spike spen

OH yeah! Can't wait he's a real bold one he's only 8 weeks took him to see my nans year old russel and turned round to see the wee man latched on to her dogs throat as they were play fighting! :icon_redface:

you want to get it out of that habbit lad :thumbs: well done on finally getting a terrier

• Like 1

Well done u seem over the moon. I remember getting my first dog a first cross collie greyhound I hid it in the back sheds because my parents wouldn't let me have dogs, I was only 11. First night I thought everything was sweet until he started howling the place out, I was well caught out but they seen the funny side of it. Then four years later I had the sheds all turned into pens and I had 16 dogs at one stage. Once you get your first home that'll be the start of it mate. All the best pal

• Like 9

Go for it pig boy, I remember my first ever dog, a jr terrier, as I expect do all the boys on here ( and girls sorry :icon_redface: ), i bet it takes us all back a while, all the hours spent out with your first dog, everything they did was "amazing", enjoy it kid, live it to to the max, you'll learn more than the pup will. Go for it. :thumbs:

• Like 7

I had been around dogs since birth as my father and uncles were all hunters BUT when my father called me down the run and told me to pic a pup for myself I was the happiest kid ever. Me and spike spent every waking and most sleeping hours together he was a great little dog that unfortunately didn't make old bones. Enjoy it kid this will be a part of your life that you will NEVER forget .............

• Like 4

Great news lad, best of luck with the little tyke. Get him jabbed up and get him into the rats. Best thing to do is let a pup be a pup and get him around as many dogs and people to make sure he gets to know the crack and doesn't turn out to be a horrible little cnut

• Like 1