iam a whipxgrey man but the 1st time i was tempted,,,on taking a lurcher lining

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Few pics of briansteven72 pup from paddy          

here you go bob tia 18 weeks now doing well in training jumping a fare bit shes retreiving well at times shes standing just under 21 tts alot of work for us both to come she is rapid good nature and g

your talking fractions not lurchers , if you breed lurcher x lurcher selectivley you will be able to breed dogs suitable for jobs without going back to pure , its been done for years

moo, trying to keep it real, most rabbits are caught in what 30,40 yds......................do you need saluki stamina, given any kind of law what is it that gets a dog up to its quarry ?.............straight line speed mate. but it also has to be remembered that a lot of these guys are moochers, ferreters (thats the breeders game) and occasional bunny lampers. Knowing both these dogs as i do, the bitch has probably the smartest tightest feet i've seen in years on a lurcher, paddy the sire and his brother are knocking on 5 years old and have never had a foot injury either racing or rabbiting their breeder 'so what' on here has 2 of their siblings and again he's into racing and mooching his both have excellent feet. Their breeding is phenominal, 'so what' paid a lot of money for their dam, a classy bred greyhound and their father was a top class champion racing whippet.................so what do they bring to the mix? electric early pace, straight line speed, a proven history of good feet and from some of the best racing (whippet and greyhound) bloodlines avaliable.

• Like 1

I have been out with bob for a mooch with this bitch more times than anyone else this year and I can tell you this bitch can turn, I have seen her run very rough ground and dense woods while chasing rabbits she has overtaken lurchers while slaloming through trees over broken branches doing a 180 degree turn bypassing the lurchers again even befor they know what's going on. I have yet to see a dog that can match or beat this little bitch on balance, turn, form and stamina. I can only see that as an asset if adding it to a working lurcher, I think something with a bit of raw prey drive, speed and stamina to line this bitch like a grey, saluki with a little touch of bull. What ever it is it will have to be a bit special and just for you haymin if this lining happens I might just end up with 3 dogs lol, so that will be your nose right out of joint lol.

moo, trying to keep it real, most rabbits are caught in what 30,40 yds......................do you need saluki stamina, given any kind of law what is it that gets a dog up to its quarry ?.............straight line speed mate. but it also has to be remembered that a lot of these guys are moochers, ferreters (thats the breeders game) and occasional bunny lampers. Knowing both these dogs as i do, the bitch has probably the smartest tightest feet i've seen in years on a lurcher, paddy the sire and his brother are knocking on 5 years old and have never had a foot injury either racing or rabbiting their breeder 'so what' on here has 2 of their siblings and again he's into racing and mooching his both have excellent feet. Their breeding is phenominal, 'so what' paid a lot of money for their dam, a classy bred greyhound and their father was a top class champion racing whippet.................so what do they bring to the mix? electric early pace, straight line speed, a proven history of good feet and from some of the best racing (whippet and greyhound) bloodlines avaliable.

thats more like the answer i was looking for I agree with what you are saying so stright line speed and goot feet is what it brings to the mix?...

the 'crush' bitch that bob spoke about.........offers similar good breeding (he owns the sire) her straight line speed is maybe not up to paddy or bens (almost bob's) but it has to be remembered that these 2 brothers are among the top scratch racers in the country perhaps even of a generation. but 'crush' offers a little more maybe because she was raised as a hunter 1st and a racer 2nd, apart from the speed bit she has a high prey drive and is incredibly agile turning as they say on a tanner, she retrieves like a lurcher and isn't afraid of thorns and such........phil lloyd, dave sleight and many others have used non ped, grew, hardblood call it what you will blood into their juckels and when you look into it a little its easy to understand why. as a working lurcher man who raced these types many moons ago the key to success with this type of cross / outcross is to do your homework and pick the right line, some champions have the breeding, the speed, the temperament but not the feet for example.

much as i'm enjoying this guy's i am on nightshift and up early to watch my young lad play his pipes in a joint parade with a canadian band that ends at scotlands birthplace.arbroath abbey where the declaration of independance was signed.......so i'm aff tae celebrate all things scottish. :bye:

Edited by birddog
  • Like 1

Doesnt matter with lurchers anyways.

Sonner or later your going need go back to putting a pure running dog into your line at some point or the dogs wont be able run a message.

do you have experiance in this have you or someone you know had to do this ?

Sonner or later your going need go back to putting a pure running dog into your line at some point or the dogs wont be able run a message.

If your breeding lurchers then at some point ur going have to.

the 'crush' bitch that bob spoke about.........offers similar good breeding (he owns the sire) her straight line speed is maybe not up to paddy or bens (almost bob's) but it has to be remembered that these 2 brothers are among the top scratch racers in the country perhaps even of a generation. but 'crush' offers a little more maybe because she was raised as a hunter 1st and a racer 2nd, apart from the speed bit she has a high prey drive and is incredibly agile turning as they say on a tanner, she retrieves like a lurcher and isn't afraid of thorns and such........phil lloyd, dave sleight and many others have used non ped, grew, hardblood call it what you will blood into their juckels and when you look into it a little its easy to understand why. as a working lurcher man who raced these types many moons ago the key to success with this type of cross / outcross is to do your homework and pick the right line, some champions have the breeding, the speed, the temperament but not the feet for example.

hopefully i see this for my own eyes next week

If your breeding lurchers then at some point ur going have to.

why?

• Like 1