Gutting rabbits easily

I've tried "popping" them and had some trouble with the stomach bursting and coating the inside with half digested grass. Maybe that's a technique thing? I also like to open them up in the field to allow them to cool faster.

The knife method is what I do, hold by the front legs, knife in at bottom of rib cage and open them all the way down, two fingers inside and hoik all the guts out.

The skinning method is the one I use too, quick and efficient (easier if they are still warm too).

I had five rabbits last night (all bucks) and used this method. It worked well but if you aint strong don't bother, it took me a fair few go's and I'm no weakling. Also I have had a bad thumb and this morning it's well sore. I will try and master this method as it looks quick and lightens your load if your walking some distance.

heard of that method before first time i seen it ill give it a go but as for the mallet i think ill give that a miss i got my technique is to pull the jacket till it reaches the shoulders and then slid a knife both sides of the spine from shoulder to rump then cut the meet out starting from the ribs then on to the back legs you don't have to open the stomach at all